Monday, April 29, 2013

Dear Dad April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013
Dear Dad,

Well, I am glad the draft didn't focus on quarterbacks for once. It looks like Coach McCoy and the crew knew what the team needed too. I couldnt be happier with the picks. It looks like our first two picks will have a good time getting made fun of their rookie year. I mean...just look at that lineman's face...and nose. haha and then Manti...for all the garbage that happened in the news. They have a lot to prove. I hope they can do it. I am excited to see what happens in this upcoming season. The Jets are retarded...I didnt know they got rid of Revis...doesnt matter who they got to replace him...he creates a no fly zone on whoever he covers. And they got Geno? I do no understand at all. That is just one team I guess I don't have to worry about for playoff contention though.

It would be awesome to attend the draft though. I wouldn't mind that one little bit. Maybe we will be there for me one of these days ;) Anything is possible, right?

The weather here has been so nice for the past week. Mostly in the 70's and 80's....but you never know when it will just randomly snow. SO...I can't get too comfortable. I honestly wish it was as warm as it is there, here. Yup...you probably think I am weird.

The projects will come and get done eventually. Just gotta be patient.

What is the job that would have you travel out here? Is it a job for out here? That would be weird. I wouldn't mind living here though...as long as we lived in the Highland Ranch Ward ;) As far as the grass being greener...I can tell you it literally is just a different shade of brown here ;)

That is awesome that Emily got her mission call. She will be an awesome missionary. Man...I need all of the addresses of these missionaries going out. I would love to stay in contact with them. :) And that is right...I have almost been out 5 months...in fact my five month mark is on Mother's day. I was talking to Brother and Sister Jimenez last night, cuz we had dinner with them, and they signed up to feed us on mothers day as well and said we could use their computer to skype you guys. I was wondering if you guys know how to get that all set up. Like do we have to set up accounts? Just let me know :)

I think that is awesome that you guys are signing up to go out with the missionaries. We have been doing that as well. We go out on Wednesday nights with High Priests from our ward and they usually go pretty well. We are still looking for more investigators, but we do have a lot of potentials and we continue to work very closely with many of the less active families. And on Saturday, we had the opportunity to lay sod in a non members yard that live across the street from the Jimenez family. It was awesome. We walked up and introduced ourselves, and the guy goes "He's a Chargers fan, I like him already!" I was wearing my Eric Weddle shirt. So hopefully we will be able to get over there and get a good relationship with them and begin teaching them. The work here is getting there...we aren't quite there, but it is coming along.

And tomorrow, Elder Flake and I will be picking up another new missionary at transfers. Yup...I am double training. We will be a trio. The new missionary is a visa waiter, so we don't know exactly how long he will be here. But I will be training him, until he leaves to wherever he is goin. I am just glad I am not going district leader like all the rumors were saying. So, we will see what happens. I love you dad. I hope you have a good week.

love your son,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment