Monday, May 13, 2013

Dear Dad May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013
Dear Dad,

So...the cactus has come and gone. Haha it sounds like you guys had quite the party getting that thing out. Doesn't it feel good to get something hard like that just done though? I love accomplishing hard things, it makes me feel good. I am sorry that your eye got hurt, I hope it isnt anything too bad and that it gets better soon.

I only have one companion now. Crazy story about that. Elder Flake and I received a call from President at about 10 o'clock Monday night. There was an emergency where an Elder went home last minute, so they asked Elder Flake if he would accept a last minute transfer call. He did. So my first son is in my neighboring area of Wingfield Hills. We were both really bummed...we hope we will get to serve with each other again one of these days. My new companion is Elder Torrescano. He is from Pasco, Washington and he is waiting for his visa to Curitiba, Brasil. So...now we take an extra hour for language study...I am not a huge help though. As far as how long he could be here...we have no idea. I could be days...or months. I was worried that he was just not gonna be wanting to be here in Reno though, I mean...knowing that he has been called to Brazil and everything. He has surprised me though...he has such a good attitude and is here to work. He has honestly made myself a much better missionary. This week has been exhausting. It is awesome though.

That is crazy and good that there is so much growth out there. I think on the...19th..the Sparks stake will be split...I have heard there are about 15 wards and branches or so. That is the rumors I be hearing anyways. So we shall see.

I will definitely keep Bro. Lewis in my prayers. Hopefully he is alright.

Scottsdale is awesome. I wouldn't mind at all being there with ya guys. I do hope you guys will have fun. It is crazy that Jeri Lin is finishing that up. I haven't even started :P I am proud of her, I hope to be graduating in the Maroon and Gold one of these days as well.

I also have my Skype ready. bryton.shinkle. I talked to the Jimenez family and we were thinking that I would call around like 3 or so. I hope I can talk to everyone. I am sure that everyone will probably want to.

As far as excitement goes this week...we had a good recent convert lesson yesterday. Even though I had almost no idea what was going on the whole time. We had it over at the Jimenez home and we invited Juan's parents and my zone leaders who are Spanish speaking Elders so that we could introduce them to each other. We were teaching the plan of salvation...I started the lesson off in English...but it quickly went to Spanish shortly after. I was the only one that basically had no idea what was being said. But all that matters is that Juan's parents said that they would go to the Spanish branch and Juan told me afterwards that it was a good lesson. It was just funny. :)

Thank you again for everything dad. I really do appreciate all that you do. You are always in my prayers as well. I hope you have a good week!

Love your son
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment