Monday, May 20, 2013

Dear Mom/Dear Dad May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013 
Dear Mom,

It was so good to see you and talk to you yesterday too! It is nice to have letters and emails, but being able to just see you and talk...that is the best. We really are blessed :)

That is a crazy story for Jaron...haha man. I haven't had anything nearly that crazy out here in the rich suburbs of Sparks. I have heard some other crazy stories though, just mostly crazy people. So...I guess it is only a matter of time before I get something funny/crazy. The most I get is people calling us dorks or cussing us out as we walk down the street.

I think that is awesome that you are gonna be inviting people to the temple open house. Good goal to set. Set a date to ask them! :) I wish I could go to it, but oh well.

Thank you for the short note. And the pictures. It means a lot.

I love you.

Your Son,

Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

May 13, 2013
Dear Dad,

I agree, it was really nice to be able to see and talk to all of you. I am definitely grateful for the Jimenez family and their willingness to let us Skype in their home and for the food they provided for us. It was nice. I am definitely blessed out here in Sparks Nevada.

I am glad that you enjoyed my Portuguese testimony. I thought you would have, and I wish I could have memorized it...but oh well. Remember, by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. We shared that Chapter with Yajaira this week. Everything is a process, we just gotta be patient. :)

Thank you again for working on getting an ipod to me. I appreciate it. I just thought of something else I could use, more socks. I would prefer some just black nike ones, but I guess whatever works.

My area is the best, and I am glad you enjoyed learning more about it. I honestly cant wait to take you guys up here with me after the mission. I remember thinking when I first got out here that I wouldnt ever be able to memorize and figure out this place. Now I know my way around like a pro. Who knows how much longer I have though...sometime I will have to figure out an entirely new area. We shall see what happens.

Thank you for the short note. It really is better than nothing. I look forward to writing and seeing what you have to say every week. I wouldnt want to be anywhere else. I honestly think it is one of the best decisions I have made. I love my mission. Called To Reno. CTR. I wouldnt want to be anywhere else. :)

I love ya.

Your Son,

Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment