Monday, May 20, 2013

Dear Dad May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013
Dear Dad,

I am sorry that things are starting to be a little slow. I know how that can be...the work here isn't always the busiest. We just gotta keep a positive attitude. This weekend seemed to be the weekend of cancellations. I don't think a thing we really had planned went all the way through. That can be a little discouraging at times, but there is nothing I can really do about it. So, I just keep moving forward. It will all work out in the end.

That is cool that you got mom something cool. Where are you guys gonna keep it? Since it is just a show piece. That would be cool to have American Restoration work on it though. And I hoping that this Biggest loser thing works out. I would love for you to be able to have that opportunity. I wanna be able to come back and work out with you, I think that would be awesome.

I am excited to hear that the Chargers got Freeney. Woo! This is gonna be a good season I think :) As for Irvin...that is too bad. I understand that he came from a rough past, but hopefully one of these days he realizes he needs to leave all that behind. I think he is a great player and guy...he just needs to figure a few things out like a lot of people.

I hope you guys have fun at Kortni's wedding. I also hope that you and Mom have a great anniversary! I wouldn't be here and be who I am today if it wasn't for you two. Thank you for the example you both are to me.

This week was pretty good though. We set up lessons with a previous investigator that we found in our area book. He works in Bishop, CA every other week, so we don't have anything until the 29th, but I really am looking forward to teaching him and his two kids. And we continue to try and work with Yajaira and her busy schedule. I am glad I have got the work moving here a little more though. I feel like I have made a difference. Also, this week, I was able to meet Elder Dallin H. Oaks. It was cool. We attended the fireside and got to learn from him Saturday night. The biggest thing that stuck out to me was when he was talking about the General Authorities and saying that he wishes we could see them on a daily basis. Most of the time we just see them at General Conference, which is a time to be serious. But he said that they enjoy life too. Life is meant to be enjoyed. I really liked that because as a missionary, people expect us to be almost robotic sometimes. We are still people too. We can goof off and have fun, but when the time to be serious comes, we can do it. A lot of people don't seem to get that sometimes...even some missionaries. SO...I enjoyed those wise words of wisdom. :)

I hope you have a good week Dad. I love and miss ya. Thank you for all your prayers. You are always in mine.

Love your Son,

Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment