Friday, April 12, 2013

Dear Dad April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013
Hello there Mi Padre!

You said it...conference was excellent this week. There were so many good talks. My favorite session was priesthood as always. I loved that talk by Elder Beck...when they showed the picture of the football team, I could tell that it was queen creek. Which is awesome. That is seriously one of the very best ways to do missionary work I think. Just being an example. Just yesterday...Sister Corbridge was telling me that one of the little boys in our ward is wanting Sister Corbridge to cut his hair now, because he knows that she cuts mine. He says I am the missionary with the "cool hair". Then at the Metcalfs, one of the kids said that I am always smiling. They look at me, and notice things. It is kinda crazy. I am setting an example though. It doesn't go on the stats every week, but it is missionary work.

I missed you too for conference, but I promise you that I was well taken care of. Maybe slightly spoiled.

I am almost 1/6 of the way done. That truly is crazy. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else though. I love the relationships I have been able to build with the people out here. You know...at first to be honest, I wasn't ever to sure about serving in Reno, Nevada. This is the best place I could be though. I am having a blast.

That does sound like a pretty lame NCAA Championship. Bleh. And that is a bummer that your laptop died. Darn them computers.

I kinda wish that it was that warm here. It is snowing here today. And it was super windy yesterday...which stinks on a bike. Elder Flake and I got soaked by sprinklers that were spraying the golf course because it was so windy. Haha good times. I hope you can get over that cold though, because that is no fun at all.

Thank you for everything. I love ya Dad. Tons. Stay Awesome!

Love your son,

Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

2 comments:

  1. So, my brother just got home from a mission. I noticed that you use spanish in someterse of these and i was wondering where youtube went on your mission. It would be crazy if you went to the same place!

    ReplyDelete