Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dear Dad April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013
Dear Dad,

The gallon challenge...oh how wonderfully awful it was. haha. We all eventually lost our cookies. However, I won. I finished the most of my gallon and I was the last to puke. I think I could have done it though, but I had to force myself to puke, because we had to go to dinner with a member later. I think I could have done it. I guess we will never be for sure though :) The fields are so sweet though, we have a blast. Our whole district looks forward to it every week. I love football so much. I really do want to work my butt off so that I can try out for ASU when I get home. I feel like I have improved a whole lot by just playing and running around every week :)

I am glad you survived your hike, and I think it is awesome that Coach Rhode is doing that. I really hope you do get selected and get to participate in that opportunity. I hope to be able to work with Coach Rhode when I get home, but I know he is a busy guy. So we shall see what happens.

The mission calls. They keep comin! I am especially excited for Keaton though. He wont be too far from me! I love that kid tons, and I think it is awesome that he is making the decision to go. He loves baseball so much, but I respect that he is putting it off for two years. He is so awesome.

That is a perty good sunday school class you got there though. Seems to me like it would be pretty darn fun. I really hope I get to work with youth when I get home. I was just thinking about you last night though. I was thinking and kinda laughing to myself...wondering what you were like when you were in your teen/mission years. :) I dunno exactly why...but yeah.

I am also glad to hear that you all had a good time with Hyrum and that he is doing well like always it seems :)

I heard that the Seahawks and Chargers are playing each other! I thought that was super cool, and am bummed that I won't be able to watch it with you and give you a hard time ;) I bet I could tell you most of the players playing if I was home and knew everything that has been going on like I used to. I also heard that the Chargers have been predicted to win the Super Bowl. Sounds like a good idea to me. We will have to see what Coach McCoy can do with the new system, and see how the players will take it. I am excited to hear how it goes :)

Thank you for the email Dad. I look forward to them every week. They really do help me. Thank you for the prayers as well. I couldn't ask for a better Dad and family. I love and miss ya!

Love,

Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment