Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dear Dad April 1, 2013

April 1, 2013
Dear Dad,

Well it kinda stinks that we wont be watching Duke win it all again this year. I am proud for how far they got though. As for who I will be cheering for...Witchita State I guess...just because they are the underdog. That poor guy that broke his leg...I cant even imagine. On Friday I got a little bit of a black eye while playing ball. I went up for the rebound and got smashed in the face...it felt worse than it actually ended up looking, but I still got the rebound :)

It really was a good experience going and knocking doors and having someone actually answer. We are still waiting to meet with them, but Yajaira has said that she has been reading, so that is good. We also met with Tom Dawson yesterday night. He is a non member who is married to a member. He has investigated the church before..but is always super busy..so it is hard to get over and help him and invite him to make the commitments to come closer to Christ. We planned to go over and just start from square one. That isn't how it worked though. His wife wanted us to talk to the daughters who have been struggling with their testimonies. And then go and talk to Tom. We were there talking for two hours. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had. And now we are gonna come over on Wednesdays to hang out and share spiritual thoughts with them, the Mom feels like that will be the best. I am excited to do that. Elder Flake expressed to me, after our companionship prayer last night, he said " I almost wish it wasn't pday tomorrow". You can imagine my expression...I asked him why. He said..."I want to keep doing missionary work". I then told him...it never stops though. Even on pday. I am so blessed to have a companion who helps me and has such a desire to work. It is awesome.

Just keep those people in your prayers as well though please. I love this area so much. Sometimes I wish I could just spend my whole mission here. I know that isn't possible...but I have developed such a great relationship with the people here. I love it. I love my calling. And most of all, I love my Saviour, Jesus Christ. I have the best job in the world.

You are in my prayers. Always.

Love your son,

Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

 Easter basket from Sister Metcalf

Elder Flake from Mesa, AZ

 After Football

Mini Missionaries 

A friend we found in the bushes

No comments:

Post a Comment