Monday, March 31, 2014

Elder Stinkle Here March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

Breaking transfer news from as of last night. I am staying here in the Truckee River ward and will now be the senior companion. Not gonna lie, it was kinda nice to have a little break as the junior companion this past transfer, but I am excited once again to fulfill these responsibilities. As for my companion, Elder Young, he is headed to be a Zone Leader of my last zone over in Spring Creek. I have some big shoes to fill. He did a lot of great things here in the ward, and now it is my turn to help it carry on. My trusty new side kick is Elder Reynolds. Don`t know a whole lot about him at this point. I think I have said hello to him like once, maaybe twice in the past. I will let you know more as I find out more :)

So yeah. This transfer call was almost exactly what I was thinking was gonna happen from the time I got here...so I didn't get thrown for a total loop this time, which is nice. :)

This past week has actually been a really good one for me personally. It all started when I decided that I was gonna focus more on Humility in the Christlike attribute section. It was exactly what I needed this week. I had plenty of experiences that kept me in check. One being that Elder Young called me "Elder Stinkle" in his departing testimony in church yesterday. What he meant to say is that Elder Shinkle is a stud, but it all kinda mashed together on accident. I was laughin pretty good :) Just another name to add to the books. Ha. Anyways, as I have focussed more on humility, I have noticed the need for prayer in my life. There were moments this week in which I just wish I could talk to my mom or dad. It helped me look to my Heavenly Father though. I guess you could say we are pretty tight now. I love him. I know that he truly does love me. He loves each and every one of you. He wants to help us. We just need to be willing to ask for that help. We all need it. :)

What else...well we set Mike with a baptismal date of May 17th. He could even be ready before that. The guy is truly amazing. It is almost as if he has taken the lessons before. He is a very wise man. He has been attending church the past two weeks. I am really excited for him. I hope he can be a strong example for the rest of his family. As far as our other investigators, they are still working and progressing. It is a battle at times, but just gotta stay patient. It will all work out in the end. Thank you for any and all prayers offered in their behalf. :)

March is over...which is insane. This weekend is general conference. The next thing we know, I will be skyping for the last time before you actually get to see my face in the for reals. Wow. Don`t worry, I am not getting trunky. I still have plenty of work ahead of me, and I am planning on making the most of it. Even when it is hard.

I just got some news that Elder Flake will be joining me in my zone. I am super stoked about that! I have missed that kid so much :) He is actually replacing the spot where my new companion is coming from. Pretty cool stuff :)

I think that is all I have for today. :)

Dad-Well being busy isn't necessarily a bad thing. I guess just some of those things it would be better not to be busy with. Like Hayden breaking his ankle again. Poor guy. That is rough stuff. I couldn't care any less about who wins the tournament this year. Thank goodness I am not missing too much ;) I will be excited to hear about how your trip to Spokane goes, and you will have to be sure to tell Grandma hello for me :) I love and miss you Dad. Lots. Have an awesome week!

Mom- Like always, thank you for the pictures :) I am thankful that I was able to help you out in some way with the stories. I mean, I don't have anything grand...but any way I can help I suppose. Thanks for being such an awesome Mom and allowing me and helping me come out on this mission. I love and miss you! :) Have a great week!

Jeri Lin- Thanks for all the news! We have tons of members that help us out here. My goal is to get more member present lessons, but we need to get some more solid investigators before that happens. But yeah, I am glad you are doing well. Keep me posted. I love and miss ya Sis. Have an awesome week! :)

I love and miss you all!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment