Monday, March 10, 2014

The Biggest Little City March 10, 2014

Well sorry if this one gets to you a little late. Pday confusion is pretty darn annoying. Other than that, things are going pretty good.

I am not 100% sure on where to start. I am still busy as ever. Time is going quickly. As of yesterday, we have about 5 who can still make their baptismal dates. That is if they continue to come to church, etc. All should work out though as long as Elder Young and I continue to be diligent in doing our job as missionaries. So far, so good :) I am continuing to have amazing experiences daily as well as frustrations. One of the hardest things I have seen is trying to help people just see how it can bless their lives. A lot of them say that they believe it, it is just a matter now of helping them live it. After all, doctrine lived is doctrine understood. In the end, I think it all boils down to just having patience. So I think that is another thing I will start focussing on this week, along with diligence in Preach My Gospel.

Lets see...so I went to Swensens. Tried to eat an earthquake. Didnt even come close. The 8 different scoops of ice cream combined with the 8 different toppings eventually became a nasty soup of sugary mess. No fun. Haha actually...it was pretty fun. We were all gagging. Elder Young, Colton, and I anyways. Everyone else was laughing at us. But yeah...that was

Let`s see...what else. I was able to go out and eat with Juan and my good friends the Haglers. It was so nice to see them again. :) You all probably knew all that though. And there is a pretty good chance that you know Juan is working towards getting his endowments in the very near future. I am excited because, I will most likely be able to participate with him in that. OH! And he is currently working on filling out his mission papers. Quite possibly one of the coolest things ever. :) I seriously love that kid to death. He is a celebrity around these parts these days. He is gonna be one fantastic missionary and already is doing a great job :)

I guess you may want the names of those that are on track for baptism. Anna, Nancy,Shane, Dan, and Jenny. Anna is gonna most likely be on the 22nd of this month. Nancy, Shane, and Jenny are scheduled for the following week on the 29th. And Dan is scheduled near the end of April. Probably like the 21st. So...yeah. Things are continuing to go well. :)

I have to tell you that I appreciate all the prayers that I am included in. The amount of support I get from you guys, my family from Sparks, and my family from Spring Creek is amazing. Speaking of my Spring Creek family, I saw some of them this week as well. We were just walking the streets, and they saw me, so they came and said hello. It was a pleasant little surprise. :) Anyways, I seriously need all the help I can get. This work is tough. With that being said though, I know that it is Heavenly Fathers work and that everything happens for a reason. COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT.

Dad- Well it still sounds like you are doing well. No updates on the working out this week though. I hope you can figure that all out soon enough. That is something I actually need to work on as well. :P Haha. Especially after all that ice cream. Those first few bites were like...some of the best ice cream I have ever tasted, but it went sown hill shortly after. I have to tell you that I think we have one of the most talented, coolest families around. Just saying :) I am excited to hear about all the opportunities that you will be having in the future. Keep me updated and I will keep you updated :) I love and miss ya Dad. Have an awesome week! :)

Mom- Thank you for all pictures and for your email :) I would love to see Maverick and them. My eyes are always open for sure. I actually talked with one of the missionaries that is serving over in their ward the night I got here to Reno. He said that he had talked with them a couple times I think and that they had mentioned me. He said it was kinda crazy, because he knew who I was and everything. Pretty cool to make connections :) Anyways, I am excited for you and Dad and the future opportunities that will be coming your way in the near future. And like I said to Dad, I really think we have one of the coolest families around by far. We have been blessed :) Don't include this next part in the blog, but I should be sending at least a couple things home with the Haglers. Just an Fyi. I love them :) Alright, I love and miss ya Mom! Have another good week! :)

Jeri Lin- I didn't hear anything, but I want you to know that I love and miss you :)

Time is going quickly. I am doing my best to stay positive and make the most of it. The time I will be home home will come soon enough. I love and miss you all. Tons. Have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment