Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Daily Testimonies March 3. 2014

March 3, 2014

The downtown area of the Truckee River ward has continued to bless me with daily opportunities for my testimony to grow. We run into so many different types of people, some of which are extremely humble. It is amazing. Two experiences I can come up with off the top of my head came with a man named Jeff and then another occurrence was with a man by the name of David. The spiritual experiences you can have on street corners are amazing. With Jeff, I was able to bear testimony that Heavenly Father is our father. I truly am a child of God, and so is he. People don't realize that, and it is so vital to have a good sense of hope and faith for the future I believe, and after that experience, I realized that even more. Then with David, my testimony of the power of the scriptures and sincere testimony increased. It truly is amazing! Opportunities like that happen daily. There are the days that I just wish I could take a nap and just relax, but I honestly have not been disappointed any day this week. It sure makes life a whole lot easier. Just talking to people. Getting to know them, I love it. That worry and dislike of being busy all the time is starting to fade :)

Of course, the area still has its struggles. I may have mentioned this last week, but we truly have like no problem finding people to teach. It is more so the struggle to help them continue to have the desire for us to continue to teach them. In previous areas, it was a pain to find new people 95% of the time, but once you could find them, a majority of them were pretty strong the whole way through. Here, it is the exact opposite. The other struggle we have is getting the people to church. I love it though. It is a new challenge, and I there is a lot of potential. It is just a matter of making the most of that potential.

Oh! So this whole time we have been walking up and down the streets, I have just been waiting to see if I recognize anybody from Sparks. Just a few days ago, we were in a car with some members going back to our apartment from a lesson. Sure enough, in front of us, I recognize a license plate. It was Bonnie and Raina! The girl I baptized just before I left Sparks. I wanted to jump out and say hello so bad, but I couldn't. It was still pretty cool though. Definitely made my day just that much better :)

Other than that, I have been trying to get to know the youth here. I love working with them. We took one of them out with us yesterday after church. Good stuff :) I love being able to build relationships with them, because it also helps you build relationships with the parents. So that is also kind of a focus of ours right now. It is good stuff.

We have a couple of people set for baptism for the 22nd of March. One is a 9 year old girl, the other is a 8 year old from a less active family. Then on the 29th, we are hoping for about a total of 5 baptisms I think. It may be less than that, because we need to get the people to church. So yeah, things are going well :)

I forgot to give you my new address.

310 Pine St. #11
Reno, NV 89501

Dad- Well that food challenge sounds fun! :P Speaking of food challenges, we are going to a place on Wednesday night called Swensons and they have an ice cream eating challenge of some sort, and I think a bunch of us are going to try and do that :) I am glad to hear that your week went pretty well with the temple and all as well. That is pretty neat. I am excited to come home and see it. I am also glad that you were able to work out a bit. Let me know what you end up doing totally. . Thank fpr all that you do for me Dad. I sure do love and miss you. Have an awesome week!

Mom-Well you will for sure have to let me know how Keila does and how your DECA experience is. Sounds like a whole bunches of fun. :) I have to tell you Mom that you are my inspiration to keep going, even when I am tired. Thank you for that. I am staying nice and busy and healthy. I am glad that you enjoyed the the temple celebration. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you :) I love and miss you. Have a great week Mom! :)

Jeri Lin- Thanks for the short note. I am glad you are doing well. I am doing well as well. How has Lindsay been? :) I love ya and miss ya! Have a good week! :)

I love and miss you all!

Love
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment