Monday, April 7, 2014

Mas Growth April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

Week 1 of yet another transfer here in the good ol` downtown has come and gone. It has been a fairly busy week with transfers, getting a new companion, working, and watching 10 hours of general conference :)

I suppose you would probably like a little bit of info on my new companion. His name is Elder Reynolds from Colorado. That is where he grew up anyways. His family now lives in Texas. He has been out on his mission about 10 months. He is a good missionary. Funny thing...sometimes I still wish I was with Elder Anderson. Crazy right? Just for the fact of that we had a system down. It was nice. Now Elder Reynolds and I are just seeing what works for us. So far so good :)

As far as the working goes. It is also is so far so good. I really have no reason to complain. I have the opportunity and privilege to be able to work with some of the coolest people in downtown Reno. :) We have Dan and also Mike set with baptismal dates in May. They are doing well in achieving those goals. We are continuing to try and find even more people and we are blessed to be able to share our testimonies on a daily basis. When I received my mission call to Reno, this is exactly well...pretty much exactly what I imagined it would be like. It is a whole lot of fun. :)

The past two days we had the opportunity to watch and listen to General Conference. Priesthood Session was my favorite. (Like usual). The talks in that session always seem to be the ones that speak to me the most. I will share some of my favorite quotes from the past few days.

"there is no up or down; just backward or forward" -Dallin H. Oaks

"who we are is not who we can become" -Donald L. Hallstrom

"You became a lighted candle when you accepted the priesthood" -Henry B. Eyring

"Gratitude is the catalyst to all Christlike attributes" -Dieter F. Uchdorf

I went in to this conference with some questions like I normally try to do. Once again, they were answered without fail. These answers brought hope to me. Which is actually what I had been focusing on in my Preach My Gospel studies this week. Funny how it works like that :) I know that I am a different person today than I was when I started my mission nearly a year and a half ago. I feel like I have continued to move forward as Elder Oaks mentioned. I may have taken a step back or two, but all together, I have moved in a positive direction. Our Heavenly Father has helped me in this endeavor, because he knows as well as I do that I am not perfect. I am so grateful for where I am at. I do feel as if I am on the verge on making that next big step forward. I know that I have the tools and capability to do so. Now it comes down to just doing it. I have to take this time, once again, to thank all of you though. My family, friends...everyone that has and still does support me. For those who are my examples. My priesthood heroes. I am truly blessed :)

There was a lot that stuck out to me and got me thinking. I wouldn't say I had just one favorite talk this time. I seemed to take a lot of different things from multiple talks and piece them together into exactly what I needed to hear. As you could see :)

So yeah. Good week all in all. Looking forward to another good one yet again. It has started off well with this pday. Get to go play some football this afternoon. I really cannot complain :)

Dad- It is good to hear that you enjoyed conference and that you were able to take a few things from it. I always think of just going out to eat with you after priesthood session. That is a tradition that we will for sure need to carry out once I get home for as long as we can. :) I am also glad you were able to get some of the stress of work out of the way and that you were able to run a little bit as well. Both are good things. I am doing well though. I appreciate all your prayers. Keep up your hard work and remember to smile as well. I love you Dad and miss you! Have an awesome week!

Mom- I too enjoyed listening about the cultural celebration. Thinking of my sisters in it. It was way cool, and it also brought me the chills. I cannot wait till I am able to experience that temple for myself :) I am glad that everyone is doing well though. Thanks for sharing that experience about Casey. That is way cool. :) I love and miss ya Mom! Have an awesome week! :)

Jeri Lin- So you are moving for sure. Dang. That is crazy. I am excited for you guys, but kinda bummed at the same time. It will be weird not having you right close by when I return home. It is for the best though, and I know that everything happens for a reason. Not everyone is privileged enough to live their whole life in the AZ ;) I sure do love and miss ya. You and your little familia is always in my prayers. Have an awesome week!

I believe that is all I have for now. I don't really have a whole lot of pictures. Just a couple of older ones to forward your way. Hopefully I will have mas next week. I love and miss you all!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)








No comments:

Post a Comment