Tuesday, April 15, 2014

As a Matter of Fact, I Am April 14, 2014

Oh boy...what is there to report on this week? I am having the hardest time thinking of things to share. Not that it was a slow week or anything. We were pretty busy all week and it was a pretty successful one. Elder Reynolds and I were able to start teaching a couple former investigators who stopped taking the lessons for one reason or another. Mostly because they lost contact or just were super busy at the time and now their schedule has loosened up and they aren't quite as stressed. That was nice. We also were able to find a few new investigators just by talking with people on the street. It is so nice to be able to do that. One of the people we found is Kimberly. We found her on Friday. Taught her on Saturday. Then she was at sacrament meeting on Sunday. She is looking pretty promising, but she also could use some prayers in her behalf. That goes for all the people we are currently teaching. The struggle is real. We also have the opportunity now to teach and work with a recent convert who was baptized back in December in Utah, but recently moved here. She is pretty awesome and is just super excited to do missionary work. We were just walking out of her apartment complex and she called out to us and was like, "are you guys missionaries?!". As a matter of fact, we are :) So we have started working with her. Working to get her to the temple.

Along with all the good people we have to teach, we also run into some crazies occasionally. People looking into our souls, are prophets, and all that jazz. It keeps life interesting and gives Elder Reynolds and I some good laughs from time to time. :)

Other than that...I am not quite sure what to tell you. I have received permission from President to attend the temple with Juan when the time comes that he goes through for the first time. I am hoping that is in the fairly near future, because I will need to still need to be in the Reno/Sparks area for that permission to be valid. There are still 
about 4 weeks left in this transfer, but time is going quickly and there is no telling where this next transfer may leave or take me.

I love life, and as a matter of fact, I am a missionary. It is an exhaustingly wonderful job. I have come to just love getting to know people and just listening to what they have to say. There are many people I wish I could just sit down and listen to the experiences they have had in their lifetime. I have also come to really see that the Gospel can change anyone. Even the ones we may least expect. It is a miracle and a blessing! So continue to keep an eye out for those people that may be prepared. You may never know :)

I think that is all I have for today though. I know it is nothing very exciting, but just know that things are going well :)

Dad- Well  am glad that I don't have to teach anything like that. I would take teaching the law of chastity over that any day. I am not talking about your temple prep class ;) I hope you can find a good place to work out though. That sounds like fun. I am grateful that it is once again great football weather here in Nevada. That is once again how my pdays will be spent. Are you gonna play with me when I get home? :) That's all I got. Have a great week Dad! I love and miss ya!

Mom-  That is a bummer  that your email did that. Hate it when that happens. You are not a rotten Mom though. You are the best Mom I could ask for and I am grateful that you have taken the time to at least write me a little something :) I love you too Mom. I hope you have a great week. :)

Jeri Lin- I missed you today, but I hope today is a good one and that you have a good week moving again. I love and miss you! Have a good week!

Well, I love and miss you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment