Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Week to Give Thanks; Before Thanksgiving November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013

Where to start. Let's see. Well first and foremost. I will be...............STAYING! I am here in Spring Creek for my fourth transfer. It will make it six months in this area by the end of this transfer. My companion? Still Elder Anderson. Everybody was pretty shocked, but we are both really happy to be staying. More cool news, my last companion, Elder Stevens, is coming to be companions with Elder Lewis. We will be serving in the same ward, going to dinners together, having plenty more laughs. I was freaking out when I found out he was coming here. We had been emailing back and forth saying that we wanted to serve together again someday. This is really the next best thing. He has been one of my favorite companions by far :) Him and Elder Flake. So I am very thankful for that for sure.

I also got a little sick this week, but I have gotten over it pretty quickly. Thank goodness. It has just been a cold and a minor flu/fever. I am doing good though now. Just a little bit of a stuffy nose.

So. More good news. :) The best part of being a missionary is when you have investigators bear their testimony to you. When they realize that the church is really true. And they tell you that no matter what they are gonna get baptized. That happened this week. We went to have a lesson with Brenda and her kids. And she told us that she has decided to be baptized no matter what. Even though she has been having a lot of family adversity hit her ever since she told them. It won't be till January though. But I honestly could not be happier. :) She is solid. Honestly it is all because of the ward. They have been such a huge help. Especially the Relief Society. They have just welcomed her right in as part of the family. Same goes for Nancy as well. We sit with her during Sacrament, and then after that. We don't hardly see her. The ward just brings them right in. That is exactly how it is supposed to be. It helps us not stress as much. :)

Then we also had a ward Thanksgiving dinner this week and we had investigators and less actives there. They were even fellow shipping each other. We had one kid who was baptized shortly before I got here and he was able to get one of our less active members to come to church yesterday. Pretty cool, eh? The work here is so awesome. I am so excited to be here for another. The work is going so well and nobody wanted Elder Anderson to leave. They all got their wish. Needless to say. I have many things to be grateful for. :)

Dad- Well, it seems like it was pretty much all good news from your part of the world this week. I hope you guys have a good Thanksgiving. I will be spending it with Brenda and the Knudsens :) Football. All good news. Except for UA beating Oregon. Bleh. I hope D-Ridge the best. Looks like they have their work cut out for them once again. I will be excited to hear more :) Maybe the Chargers will get the Wild Card. I can dream, right? ;) I am also glad to hear that Hayden is doing pretty well. I hope you have a good week this week. :) I love and miss ya Dad. I look forward to seeing you in about a year from now and having more adventures :)

Mom- So is Keila's car totalled? That is no fun. At all. I can speak from experience ;) But I dunno who taught us how to drive... ;) I am glad to hear that Carter and Michelle are alright. That is rough. I hope they can get it all fixed up and worked out. I am grateful to live in a place where we don't have many natural disasters. It is sad about Tyler, but it is Happy about Tyler Knudsen. Sister Knudsen told me that you got that picture. We are hoping he gets his call this week. We shall see. As for the others, I definitely see them progressing. I want to thank you for your support in me and those I am helping. I love it here. I also love you and miss you Mom. Have a good week! :)

Jeri Lin- It is so good to hear that things are going well no matter how busy they may be and that you are finding those missionary opportunities. Isn't it awesome when they just come to us like that? That was like when we met Bonnie and Raina back in Sparks. It wasn't hard at all and then for some I have had to really work and test my patience. Hard work pays off though. In anything. :) Especially missionary work. Just remember that :) I am happy to hear that Hyrum is becoming a master what and why man. I love that. I drive my companions crazy with those questions. So awesome :) Sister. I am thankful for you and your example to me. Thank you for everything. I love and miss ya. Have another good week! :)

I love and miss you all. I am sorry that I don't have any pictures this week. Have an amazing Thanksgiving and remember what you are thankful for.

Love
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment