Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A View of the Creek from Creek View Drive October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013

So...This week I found out the meaning of my street name. Arroyo means creek and vista means view. And.....I have still yet to see a single creek out here in Spring Creek.

It sounds like a nice luscious place. It is for sage brush. It is also for missionary work though. This week has been a really good one. We were able to get in contact with some less active and part member families that we have been trying to since basically day one we got here. We have some lessons set up with them this coming week. We were also able to set up a baptismal date with Tyler. December 7th. So that was cool. Our big focus this week will be finding even more investigators. I love it out here though.

In other news, I woke up to stinking snow. Bleh. Like President said...many are called, few are frozen. I am one of those frozen ones I guess. We shall see for how long. I dunno what else...Nancy and Tyler should both be at church this coming week. But...yeah. Things are going well.

Dad- I was just making silly faces for Sister Knudsen. I love them and we just had Ham and beans and yeah, I had a Pepsi. We went there because our dinner had cancelled. Sister Knudsen and I get along pretty darn well. I am actually gonna be going over there again later today to make ties. I got some pink giraffe print material. Gonna be looking good :) It is good to hear that you are doing well with the workouts and that you are continuing to improve. I heard more about the shooting throughout the week. That day Juan told me, you told me, and Sister Hagler told me. Kinda crazy. I will miss being at the Resort in Scottsdale, but I too, look forward to being able to skype with you guys again. Megatron is a monster. Football is still awesome. Thanks Dad. For everything. I actually have a handwritten letter on the way for you with a little surprise. I love ya. Have a good week! :)

Mom- As for Khakis...my pants are all still fitting. SO...like 32x34. If you can find a little longer, I dont think it would hurt, but it is fine I am pretty sure. Haha that is awesome that you are doing Monkey bars and what not. GO Mom! It is so good to hear that Hayden is doing so well. He is a stud. :) And yeah, they are a wonderful family. Sister Knudsen. They are like...my favorites out here in Spring Creek. She is the Primary President. Love em to death. It is kinda like a home away from home there. I love and miss you Mom. Have an awesome week! :)

Jeri Lin- Good deal. Haha Sounds like a fun time. So did they get stung while at the hospital..or??  That is good news on the house.  I love you! and miss ya!

I think that is all I have for now. I love and miss you all. Stay amazing. Keep up all the good work. Thank you for the prayers. You guys are always in mine.

Love your Son and Brother,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

 One of my favorite missionaries!

 Shearing Goats

 Snow on the Ground

Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment