Thursday, October 24, 2013

Anxiously Engaged October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013

I would first like to apologize. I have pictures, but I forgot my camera back at the house. I will send them probably next week. I am really bummed, because I had some good pictures to send from this past week. Just to show you how cool of a week I had. For example, I got to shear an Angora Goat. Actually a couple of them. It was a fun experience. It wasn't nearly as stinky or anything like I was thinking it would be. :) Transfers were also this week. I got to see one of my favorite companions again, Elder Stevens. It was a nice reunion. :) My favorite missionary, Elder Shamanis, is now home. He has a tie and a couple other "treats" on the way for me. Probably get them today from another one of my favorite missionaries. :) Then I was also to have an interview with President Hermansen this week. Just the ones that he does every other transfer throughout the mission. It was probably the best one I have had yet. The best part is that I learned more fully about what it means to be anxiously engaged. He talked about how our areas or the people in our areas need to become like our family. We need to be constantly thinking of them and how we can help them. I feel like I have done a decent job of this. When I left Sparks I felt as if I was leaving my family. It was like starting my mission all over again. I am working on making it that way here now :)

As for my investigators this week. The best news is that Nancy now has a baptismal date for November 16th. :) We are super stoked for that. The others are all continuing to progress wonderfully. This past week we were able to have FHE with Brenda and her kids and we had another lesson with them about temples last night. Things are really progressing. Thank you for all your prayers. They have got to be playing such a major part in their development :)

Dad- Well President Hermansen says that many are called, but few are frozen ;) It actually hasn't been too bad. Especially when you are biking and your blood is pumping. I am sure when the snow hits though, I will not be happy. I gotta do what I gotta do though. At the end of my interview President asked me if I needed anything, and I told him that I would like to have a car eventually ;) He said my time will come :) That is the same with coming and working out with you too. It is good to hear that you are continuing to do well. Keep striving for that goal. My goal is to be up to 190. My weight fluctuates through the 180s. It is all muscle too...at least a majority. I dropped all the fat I got in Sparks I think :) I was glad the Broncos lost. I wear my Chargers tie every Pday :) I hope you have a great week. I love and miss ya Dad :)

Mom- Well thank you for all the pictures :) I am not frozen yet...but I am sure the time will come. It is good to hear about Hayden. I am very much proud of that kid. Even if he is humble about it. :) I am glad things are going well for you and I hope they go well this week. I love you and miss you Mom.

Jeri Lin- Well...That was quite the breakdown. I am sorry that life gets tough sometimes. You are doing your best though. That is all that matters. It is also good to hear that work is going well for you. I hope that the house thing works out too. Your kids are awesome. I love and Miss ya Sis. :)

I love you guys mucho. Thank you again for all your prayers.

Love
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

P.S.
Stamps and Khaki pants would be nice for birthday and or Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment