Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Conference and Obedience October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013

I must say that this week has been a lot better than the previous week. Probably partially due to conference. As missionaries, we are treated well by the members on conference weekend. I had basically almost all six meals provided for me the past couple days. Even a steak lunch on Saturday. Besides the food, conference itself was perty awesome. One of the biggest things that stuck out to me was the talk by Edward Dube. It isn't about where you serve, it is how. TO be honest, I wasn't too sure or super happy about coming all the way out to Spring Creek at first. I have come to love it though, because it really doesn't matter where I am. I just have to do my best, and I have come to find that when I do work and do serve that I come to love the people I am around and helping. Now, as I strive every day to be exactly obedient, I believe that it will be just increased by a crazy amount.

As for out investigators, Nancy is back in town this week, so we will be meeting with her again. We were able to watch the second session with Brenda and her kids yesterday. We also had a lesson with them earlier this week. It was good. Again...just trying to work some things out with them for baptism. They all want it. Probably looking towards second week in November. I am hoping I am still here as transfer calls will be coming out this weekend. So we will see if any crazy happenings come. We were also able to meet with a few potential investigators this week. And set up some appointments up with some less active members that we haven't been able to contact till now. So this coming week is really looking up. I can't help to think that it is because of our increased desire to strive to be exactly obedient.

Dad- I forgive you about not sending me a note last week. I understand that you were busy :) I am glad that you have enjoyed conference. Haha and that you were able to stay home to watch priesthood from home...I won't be able to enjoy that blessing until after my mission. we are asked to go to the stake center to watch the priesthood session. All the other sessions though, we watched with members and our investigators. It is good to hear that you are still continuing to strive to lose weight. It is an inspiration to me. I am striving to stay in shape as well as in spiritual shape. You have shown me that you are willing to do whatever it takes and I am trying to do so in my workouts as well as in my missionary work. Thank you for that. I love you and miss you day. Have a good week!

Mom- Well thank you for that good news about Snickers. I am so glad he is doing better. I tried no to worry, but I did keep him in my prayers. Thank you for your example of being exactly obedient. It is definitely tough. I am willing to try it out though. I have already begun to see the blessings as well. Thank you for that quote from that lady as well. We gotta do everything we can and then push a little further. I love you and miss you mom. Have a good week :)

Jeri Lin- I think I answered all you questions in the paragraphs. I am so glad to hear that you are doing well with your job, Tony got a better job, and that you guys now are looking to get that house. I hope for lots more good news this coming week. I love and miss you, Tony, Hyrum, and Lindi. Have another good week!

LOVE YOU GUYS! (exclamation point!)
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment