Thursday, October 3, 2013

Humbled in the Creek September 30, 2013

September 30, 2013
Dear Famila,

Well let me see...this week has been good in some ways and not too great in some others. Like the title implies, this week has been a humbling one. First of all, it was full of service and other good things, but as far as teaching goes, it wasn't where our goals were set. It was a little below. I learned some important things that I probably should have gotten through my head a while ago. You see, we had zone conference this week, and what was it about? Well lots of things really, but the biggest focus I saw was obedience. Ok so, Obedience brings blessings and perfect obedience brings miracles, right? Right. Now...news flash. I am not perfect. I haven't done anything terrible, but I feel like there are just those little things here and there that have been holding me back from seeing and experiencing all the miracles the Lord has had in store. So, as of zone conference, I have recommitted myself to being EXACTLY obedient.

I don't have much news other than that. Like I said...the teaching was a bit slow this week. Nancy has been out of town as well with others. Brenda and her kids have been sick.Others we have just been trying to work around the mining schedule. This week is looking to be a lot better though.

I am not looking forward to the weather cooling down. It snowed a little this week. Didn't stay, but it is up on the Ruby Mountains. I hope I get put into a car area at some point this winter. Transfers in 2 weeks...so...who knows? We shall see.

Dad- I still havent gotten one from you, but I hope you have had an awesome week. I heard that the Chargers won and that the Seahawks won in overtime. Good stuff :) Oh and ASU kicked USC's butt. Man.. I wish I could watch it :) I hope your workouts have been going well. I love and miss ya. Hopefully I hear back from ya next week.

Mom- Well...it isn't good news to hear about Snickers. I really hope he gets to feeling a little better. I love that dog. I will be alright though. Thank you for taking care of him. I hope to see him when I get back home, but I don't want him to suffer. So...whatever happens, happens for a reason. It is crazy to think that I have been out for about a year. The time is flying...I can't imagine what it will be like when I am actually gonna be thinking in terms of how many months I have left instead of how many I have been out. Weird. I love to hear that Hayden is loving football. It is pretty much the greatest sport around. Sorry Dad and Tony. Haha. Is there a specific position he will be playing or do they rotate them around quite a bit? I would love to see him be a quarterback or something on Defense, but who knows. He could be something totally different...like a lineman. :) haha I am also glad to hear that Sydney is doing so well with swim. I am glad you are doing well with work too. I like that comment about listening. That is really what I have trying to be better at while teaching. Missionaries can't be afraid of silence, cuz sometimes that is when the spirit teaches and touches their hearts. So thank you for that reminder. I love and miss you Mom. Have another good week!

Jeri Lin- Well...I also didn't hear from you this week. I can probably guess that it was a busy week ;) I hope it was good none the less. I hope to hear from you next week. I love ya and miss ya! Hope the kiddos are awesome and healthy still and that work is going well for you and Tony. Have a good week!

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment