Tuesday, October 15, 2013

More Work in the Creek October 14, 2013

You have been all awaiting my transfer call, and if you could not tell by the title, I will be staying here for at least another six weeks. With? Elder Anderson. Haha, we were both pretty shocked to say the least. After this Transfer we will have been together about 4 and a half months. That does not include the MTC. So he will be the companion that I have had the longest so far. It isn't a bad thing though. This past week has been pretty great. We had some good lessons. We also were able to start teaching a new investigator. He is 14 years old and his name is Tyler. Mom wanted a list of all my investigators we have thus far. So we have Brenda, Nancy, Connor, Brittany, Kelly...I think that is all. However, that list may grow after this week. We will be meeting with some potentials and trying to contact some referrals as well. Things are really looking up :)

I also had some thoughts this week that I would like to share.  What makes a STUD missionary? S. Study. Jeffrey R. Holland has said that we will "make or break your missions between the hours of 6:30 am and11:00 am". What are we doing at those times? Studying. T. Teach. As missionaries, we won't do any good if we aren't teaching anybody. So we teach when we find and find when we teach. U. Unity. If we want to have the Spirit, We need to be unified with our companion. D. Desire. If we have the desire to be obedient and all those other things that I have previously mentioned, it will all begin to fall into place. Then we will become that STUD missionary. 

What else have I been up to this week? Well I went on splits with Elder Munns on his birthday. Nothing too exciting happened though. Just did some missionary work like normal. Yesterday we taught Sharing time  and the Priests and Teachers. I always enjoy doing that. Those are the biggest things I can think of though.

Dad- That is awesome that you were able to pull off the win for the biggest loser. Yeah, like you said. Keep up the good work. I have some bragging rights too now haha. As for things that I am in need of...I don't really know. Not much. If I think of anything. I will be sure to let you know if anything comes to mind though. And yeah...the time is going by quickly for sure. My favorite missionary is actually going home in a couple days, Elder Shamanis. It is crazy, because I remember when he was my Zone leader when I first got out here and he was just barely over a year. Time flies. As far as football goes, I hope the Chargers can FINISH tonight. I think it would be cool if you go to that game. I wish I could join you. As for the weather...not looking forward to be frozen to my bike, but I gotta do what I gotta do. I love ya and miss ya Dad. Have a good week!

Mom- Thank you so much for your email. I am so glad to hear that Hayden is doing so well. In his letter to me, he told me that he scored a touchdown. I am so happy for him. He is a better athlete than me. He has the skill, I just had to work hard for that skill to come. Haha. I am looking forward to when me and him can play together. Maybe one day you will be able to watch me again. Last week we were playing and I got decleated. The air was pushed right out of my lungs. My head was not on a swivel and my world got rocked. It hurt so good. I hadn't been hit like that in a very long time. I have more football to look forward to today. I love it. I hope you have a good week Mom. I love you!

Jeri Lin- So you got my transfer news. And all your news was good news. It is definitely good to hear that you are still continuing to do so well with the family history, work, and everything. I am glad Tony and the kiddos are continuing to do well. I am glad Taylor Swift reminds you of me. You have no idea how many people have told me that. But I am glad that it does. You are the best older Sister I could ever ask for. I love you and miss ya!

That is all I have for this week. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment