Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I Am Not Alone November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013
This week I have been thinking a lot. (crazy, I know) ;) Haha

As you know I am sure, but I have a great love for the sport of football. I have spent a lot of time playing, watching, and studying it. One of the things that stuck out to me a while back was a like..."pump up" or "motivational" speech given by a player by the name of Cam Newton. He basically was telling his team mates that we cant keep going out there saying that we will get it in the "next play" Or "next time", because eventually, we are gonna look up at the score board, the game will be over, and we will have lost. Now like you said, I already feel as if I have started. Now I need to "sprint to the finish" like Brother Hagler has said. I found an excellent example of this in the scriptures. His name? Nephi. It was in Helaman Chapter 10. Verses 4-5 are the ones that stuck out to me the most. These are my thoughts. So, for the past few transfers, I have really been trying to focus on being more selfless in my service these past few transfers. I've been trying to look outward and forget myself. I guess you can say that it has been an obstacle of mine in a way. In my patriarchal blessing though, it says, "As you seek to overcome all the obstacles the Lord will bless you in a great and glorious way and you will be a powerful missionary.". I need to continually be diligent even when I am tired. I need to be more like Nephi. I have some work to do. :)

I also had some other thoughts. The thought that we can't do missionary work alone really hit me. We were teaching relief society and priesthood combined yesterday. We taught about a way to do member missionary work. I also had my mind refreshed my memory of an experience that happened at a zone conference in Sparks. It was when Elder Gavarett was here on a mission tour. He told us that we have ancestors and angels with us all the time. At that moment, I couldn't help but feel as if Heath was sitting right there next to me. It was kind of a crazy feeling. I know I am not alone in my missionary for sure. :)

As for other news, Nancy finally came to church! She seemed to enjoy it, but we will be meeting with her again on Wednesday to see for sure. She isn't on track to make her baptismal date, but hopefully she has a much more increased desire now that she has come to church. As for Tyler, he was at his Dad's house this week, so we didn't meet with him. This week should be good though. The other Elders in the ward are having a baptism this Saturday. Two girls that I have helped teach and we are gonna try and get Nancy and Tyler to come. Should be another good week. Still trying to set some things up with the other part member families an less active members.

Dad- Football is...frustrating. Haha It is good to hear that the Sun Devils are doing well though. Chargers...frustrate me. You look good! I wish I could have been there running with you and Mom. I am glad you are doing well. Thank you for all your prayers. I have more pictures for ya. So be patient!

Mom- Thank you for all the pictures! Things are going well for me though. I keep on keeping on. Dad does look a whole lot better. I definitely wish I could be there with you guys. I may have some things coming down for you guys. Sister Saddoris is going down to Globe, so she asked if I need to bring anything to you guys. So I may have some stuff and she may be in contact with you. Just FYI :) I am glad you are doing well and that Hayden is doing well too. I hope you have another good fun week.

I love you guys and miss ya!

Your Son,
Elder Shinkle

p.s. being a missionary is like being a celebrity

 Connor

 My mini me

He dressed up as me for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment