Wednesday, November 13, 2013

11 Months...What in the world? November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013

So...yeah. This week marks me being away from home for just under a year. Where has the time gone? For real. It is just flying by. Some days I feel as if there is a ton of time I still have to do this. Then there are days such as this that I think...Holy Moly...I am halfway done. It is almost 2014. I go home in 2014. I am in my 8th transfer...there are about 16 transfers-ish. Woah dood. Don't worry though. I am not trunky. Thank goodness for work. If I wasn't working and loving the people out here, I probably would be.

I really don't want to leave the Creek though. At least not yet. My hope is that I will be here at least one more. I want to be around familiar faces for Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Christmas. We shall see what happens. I really don't think Elder Anderson and I will be together for another. Another crazy thought. I have nearly been with Elder Anderson for a fourth of my mission. It has been pretty good. :)

One of the biggest reasons I also don't want to leave is because that I want to be here for Conner. I also want to be here for Nancy. I guess I just want to be here for the people I have met and taught. I want to see them continue to progress. The same reason I wanted to be in Sparks I think. Anyways, this week I was able to attend a baptism for the Rigby girls. It is technically the other elders baptism, but I have helped teach them. It is cool to have four elders in the ward for sure. At the baptism, I sat with Conner of course. And I kept asking him when it was his turn. He told me December 7th, which is his birthday. SO...we shall see. We are meeting with them at 12. Nancy was at church once again. Things are going really well. Some days are tough of course, but hard work pays off :)

Dad- As for the books, yeah. They are mine. They were given to me back in Sparks as Elder Stevens and I were sitting on a members front porch waiting for the Husband to return home from work. Some guy just walked up and asked us if we were Mormon and gave us each some books. Pretty cool :) You are welcome to read them if you would like. I just got tired of taking them around. Sounds like you have a fairly easy week though. Goin to bball games and whatnot. :) And as for football, I know the Chargers came up short. Fajardo made sure I was aware of that one :) BUT ASU won. I was happy to hear that :) Thank you for your letter. Don't worry, I have at least a couple of pictures for ya. They will come shortly. I love and miss ya Dad :)

Mom- Thank you for your email. That is dumb that your update is throwing everything off. Weird. I am glad you got the stuff. Sister Saddoris called me Saturday morning to let me know she had done it. She is from Globe :) I am glad Hayden liked the tie. I think I already told Dad, but that name tag is also for him :) I am glad he had a good birthday :) As for Juan's Scriptures. I think the ones like I got for my mission. Not a quad. The Triple and the Bible. Black and Gold. With his name, Juan Carlos Bedolla. It is good to hear that everyone is doing well though. I love and miss ya!

Jeri Lin- Thank you for your email, even if you do think I am a rebellious missionary ;) I am glad to hear that you were able to work out the house and moving into your already crazy busy schedule :) It is good to hear that your two kiddos are doing well too. Time flies. Like crazy. I am a pirate with Lindi. You will see ;) I love and miss ya Sis! :)

Thank you for everything you guys. I love and miss you all!
Have an awesome week!

Love
Your Son and Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

 Parrot -CJ

 Pink Giraffe Tie

 Lookin' good
Rigby Family Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment