Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Truck Driver November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013

I will begin by explaining the title. So this past week, there was a leadership conference over in Reno. So missionaries from all over the state had to load up and head on the trek back out there. They had to carpool. So, I had the brilliant idea of asking my zone leaders if there was any possible way that I would be allowed to have one of the trucks that was not being taken for those two short days. Originally, the answer was a no. Oh well. At least I asked, right? Well Thursday morning, Elder Anderson and I were riding our bikes back from a lesson that had cancelled and we receive a call form the Zone Leaders saying that we could use the Truck that the Elders in Wells have. Woohoo. I mean, who cares if it has a huge dent in one of the doors because they swerved to miss a deer and hit a mile marker instead. I got to drive! It was so nice. Especially since it snowed Friday morning. I HATE BEING COLD. SO. It was a nice break for sure. :)

Maybe I will get a car in the near future? President Hermansen did say my time would come. Who knows. I mean...we get transfer calls this coming Saturday. As much as I would love a car though, I love it here. Even if I do freeze a little. And in PEC yesterday the Bishop made it very clear that he doesn't want Elder Anderson and I out on our bikes if he can avoid it. Especially in the dark. So the ward is gonna be helping us with rides. I will be extremely happy and warm. All in all, it won't be too bad if I do end up staying. And honestly, I feel a little bad about that whole paragraph now because I sound a little selfish. I will do everything I need to to help the people here. Cold or hot. So...don't think I am complaining or anything. But..I am. haha. Man...digging myself a hole. Anyways. I love being a missionary! I just HATE being cold. That's all :)

As for my investigators. Nancy was at church once again. We sat with her this week. AND! She decided that she would attend all three hours this week. It seemed to me that the ward did a really wonderful job at welcoming her in and fellow shipping. The technicalities for her to be baptized have all been met. Now she just needs to have that testimony grow and decide to make that commitment. Just a matter of time I believe. We have another lesson with her on Wednesday :) As for Brenda and her kids, they are having a lot of trials coming up with their baptism. They are thinking the Baptismal date will be December 7th. Their family support is now non-existent though. So...it may be delayed again. We will be meeting with them tomorrow. If you could, please keep them in your prayers. Satan is trying really hard to not let this one happen. As for Tyler, he decided that he no longer wants to meet with us. We don't know why. Just gotta keep moving forward though. Hopefully something stood out to him and that something will remind him of it at some point down the road. Hopefully we planted a seed. That door has kind of closed, but we also had another one open. The Bishop gave us a record that got sent to the ward that he wanted us to check out. So we did. It is a less active family and their 8 year old son wants to be baptized. Now it won't be a convert baptism, but they want us to teach him before that happens. We have a lesson scheduled with them this evening. Pretty sweet :) We are continuing to strive to work with the Less Active and Part member families as well. Things are progressing :)

Also, Yesterday, Tyler Knudsen asked me to be in the circle for his ordination to the Melchizedek Priesthood. I was extremely honored to be a part of that. I have made some very good friends out here on my mission. I believe Sister Knudsen will be sending a picture of all of us after the ordination :) We are also hoping that Tyler gets his mission call this week. I hope so. Maybe he will get called to Arizona ;)

I think that is most of the excitement from this week though. Saturday was spent all day cutting wood and loading and unloading it for some people. That is fun stuff. I was exhausted by the end. Couldn't be happier :)

I will no longer be a teenager in a few weeks here. Sad day.

Dad- Well dang, you didn't have much of a work week, and I feel like I worked my butt off. Haha. We had a day this week that we taught 7 lessons and that was even after two fell through. Lots of biking and teaching. :) But no broken bones, thank goodness. That is a bummer that Hayden did that. My little brother is beating me in injuries I think. Poor kid. I feel bad. Especially that he will be missing the playoffs. Haha doesn't he know that trampolines are for the off season ;) Well, I can't talk too much, I split my head open. SO yeah...haha :) Other than that, It seems to me that you have had a pretty good, fun week. And good food :) Good to hear that your Seahawks are still doing well. The Chargers just really need to learn how to finish. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I love and miss ya Dad. Thank you for all your prayers. I hope you have an awesome week as well!

Mom- I am doing my best not to freeze, cuz like I mentioned before, I HATE being cold.  So my brother and I love trampolines, but they don't seem to like us a whole lot is what I am getting from this. Poor kid. I am glad he is a tough kid though. Maybe I did teach him something. ;) That is a bummer though. Hope he heals quickly. Now. What is this. Do you know when they moved there? Because I have a beanie from Juan of Spanish Springs High School and Juan thinks he knows who Cody is. That is so weird! I wish I would have known they were there if they were there when I was. Desert Fox Dr, wasn't in my area, but it sure does sound somewhat familiar. I could just be imagining things though. Haha dang...I still can't believe that. I should send the sisters over there to see them ;) I am glad you are doing good Mom. I love and miss ya. Thank you for the pictures! Have a good week!

Jeri Lin- I think I missed ya again. I do love ya though, and I hope everything is going well for ya and your kiddos! :)

Well I have uno picture to send this week. Besides the one that Sister Knudsen has sent or will be sending. Enjoy!

I love and miss ya all!

Love
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle


No comments:

Post a Comment