Monday, December 2, 2013

19 Years of Age December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

This is the last email I will be sending as a young whipper-snapping teenager. When I come home...I will no longer be a teenager. *Sighs* Oh well. I think I have a pretty good Birthday planned out. If everything goes according to plan of course. Thank you all for your birthday wishes thus far. Even if it does make me feel like an old man. :) But like I was saying...it should be good. Sister Knudsen is gonna make me a cheesecake and we may even have dinner of there. Then the Harwart family, a part member family also offered...well their thirteen year old daughter offered to throw me a birthday party. Haha. We shall see what happens. I love those people. I dunno if I have told you the story on them yet. So I think I will do that now.

Elder Anderson and I met them as we were trying to clear up our ward directory. We had records of a family that may have moved out, so we went to the house just to double check and make sure that was accurate and to see if the people that had moved in knew where the people who had moved out were. Just so we could get the records moved out of our ward. We knock on the door and hear someone say, "It's the missionaries!". Long story short, we meet the Harwarts. The kids have all been baptized. April, the mom, was a convert in Reno a few years back....and has kind of had a rough go, with family and what not. I don't want to go into personal details. Anyways, she is now married to Donald, who is not a member of the church. Such an awesome guy. Anyways...this past Saturday, we went over there. April asked for a blessing on their home. So we did that, and then they asked for personal blessings as well.

(side note) I remember the first time I gave a blessing. Pretty darn nerve racking. Now...I still get a little anxious I think, but it really isn't that bad. :)

They also had a non member friend there that wanted a blessing as well. I was able to give her a blessing. After we left, we got a text from April saying that Fate, the friend, definitely felt something and that she was almost crying. Hopefully we can have more opportunities there. :)

Let's see. What else happened this week. My good friend Tyler got his mission call! He has been called to serve in the good country of Mexico. It was cool to be able to watch him have that experience and then reflect on my own. Boy was that a long day waiting to open mine up. I remember just watching NFL Network all day just trying to get my mind off it. Then, everyone was gathered around. Waiting. Anticipating. Nevada Reno Mission. Woah. Haha weird. Ok. I can do this :) And after this week I have been reflecting a lot about it. I am approaching a year and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary here. I am working to make the most of it. Thank you for all your support :)

Dad- Well it sounds to me that you had a pretty darn good week. With Thanksgiving and all. :) My Thanksgiving was good. We spent lunch with Brenda, her kids were in Reno, and Travis and his two kids. Played spoons and some bball. Well we played speed to be exact :) But that was fun. Then we went and had dinner with the Knudsens and played Scum and Double Scum the card game :) It was fun. :) Brenda, her kids, and Nancy are still continuing to progress well. January for Brenda's baptism. Then we will be meeting with Nancy on Wednesday. And it is kinda weird to think that I will be with Elder Anderson for that long. Things are going well though, so I can't complain :) I love and miss ya. Hope you have another good week!

Mom- I too am hoping to see the progress of Brenda and Nancy continue to move forward. They are doing well. I am doing well too. Not freezing too much yet. I really wish they would give a car to this wimpy Az boy. Oh well though. I am glad to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving as well. Poor kid. I was telling the Knudsens about Chocolate gravy. Boy do I miss that stuff :) I hope you have a good week Mom! I love and miss ya!

Jeri Lin- Wild week for sure. Jimminy Christmas. I am glad that everyone is alright though. Hopefully everything will work out in finding them. It seems that other than that things are going well though. I hope work continues to go well. Before you know it Tony will be working like 10 jobs it seems like. Haha, but that is a good thing. Cuz then you will be able to pay for your security system. :) But for real. I am glad you are doing well. I love and miss you!

I think that is all I have for now. I love and miss you guys. Thank you for everything!

Your Brother
Your Son
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment