Monday, December 9, 2013

Super Heroes and Birthdays December 9, 2013

December 9, 2013

So...Title explanation. No, I did not dress up as a super hero for my birthday. No the Knudsens did not hire a super hero to come surprise me on my birthday. To be completely honest, the two have pretty much absolutely nothing to do with each other. So...just be patient and I will get around to explaining as this email continues to progress. :)

First, I did not get the birthday package until this morning, but thank you so very much. Hopefully those thermals will keep me warm...because it has been absolutely freezing. I HATE THE COLD. We have arranged with some members to get rides and everything though. So we should be alright. It does help getting into peoples doors though. Sometimes. Haha. Again, thank you mucho. My birthday was really awesome. I got a package from my Hagler family and Juan who are back in Sparks. I got a Taylor Swift calendar from Elder Munns. PRETTY SWEET. I also got a book from the Knudsens. No Excuses, No Regrets. The Eric Weddle Story. :) Super Awesome. Then Brenda gave me some cake and gave me a mint plant to give my appartment or basement some nice plant life and a small way to freshen up my breath from time to time. Pretty neat, eh? :) President didn't call me though...pretty bummed about that. He just sent me a text this morning at 6:29. Come on President...I still have one more minute of sleepy time. ;) Then we had dinner and cheesecake at the Knudsens. Dinner was some good old fried rice and Orange Chicken :) haha. It was a good birthday all in all. My year mark will be spent at Zone Conference and at a Mission Christmas party for Elko and Spring Creek.

Now for the explanation on super heroes. It all began about...last night. While I was sleeping. I had a dream that me and a bunch of missionaries that I have served around were dressed up as super heroes. Kinda weird, right? It got me thinking though, that is for sure. I thought I would share with you those thoughts. Here it goes. Elder Stevens and I have been spending a lot of time reminiscing about the good times we had in Sparks and the people we helped and bonded with. Juan for instance, we are now eternal best friends. I could venture to say, and I don't think he would disagree, that we are a couple heroes in his life. So my thoughts are that. I am a super hero. Along with all missionaries. Pretty neat, right? :)

News on the investigators. Brenda just sent us a text saying that the plan for the baptism is January 4th. I am so excited for that. Especially since it is right before transfers! So I will be able to see them baptized right before I leave if that is the case. I couldn't be happier. :) As far as Nancy goes, she has finished reading the Book of Mormon. Our focus right now is just to help her to receive and recognize the answers to her prayers. Things are definitely going well. We have two lessons set up tonight. Both with Part Member families. And we are continuing to work with the Less actives and find more of them to visit with. It almost seems like it is weekly thing. But yeah...as far as work goes, it is progressing :)

Dad- The Chargers play on my year mark. I really hope they win, cuz it would just make it that much sweeter. Too bad the Seahawks lost, I guess it is a good thing that it wasn't really a "must win" game. I think they will make it all the way. I am super impressed by Wilson. He is a champ for sure. I am glad Snickers is still doing alright, even if he has slowed down a bit. He is a good dog. Miss him. Too bad that ASU lost. I am still impressed on their improvement this year though. Gotta keep moving on up. Thank you for everything you do for me Dad. I love and miss ya. Have a good week!

Mom- I just want to say thank you for the birthday package and note. I am sure I will be a little bit warmer now. Thanks to the Thermals and the help from the Spring Creekers. I love it out here. I am having tons of fun and doing good work. Thank you for everything you do for me. I love ya and miss ya Mom. Have a good week!

Jeri Lin- Well I hope you have a fun week with the Browns and Goodwins. Also hope that you keep staying safe with your new security system. I am glad everyone is doing well. Love and miss ya Sis! :) Have an wonderful week!

I love you all. Tell everyone Hi for me.

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

 Balloons

 Cake at Brenda's

Cheesecake

 Munchies and Mountain Dew

T-Swizzle Calendar

Side note: The beanie is a birthday gift from Elder Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment