Monday, December 16, 2013

Year Marks and Pep Talks December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013
Dear Family,

Obviously, this week was the week of my year mark. It was spent at zone conference and at the Elko and Spring Creek Christmas party. I had a good time spending it with my Big Hawaiian friend, Elder Prescott. My fellow Arizona peep, Elder Martindale. And one of my very good friends Elder Stevens. It was fun. It was a fun time. :) It definitely was what I needed. I had a rough start to the week. Which brings us to the second part of my letter.

I received a little package and story about a camel from a family I have come to love very dearly out here on my mission. The Hagler family.That brings me to the second part of the title of my email. It, the story, was definitely a pep talk that I was in need of. The start of the week was looking like it would be one of the best. Monday was pretty good. Then Tuesday came. We are sitting in District Meeting and our phone rings. Nancy is calling us, so my companion walks out and answers the phone. I here him yell in the hallway...walks back in, throws the phone at me, and says, "Nancy, just dropped us." I was confused as...ever. Ha. I just kept trying to think what happened to make her want to "take a break". My thoughts kept going back to my patriarchal blessing...when it tells me, "Not all will follow upon what they feel". I kept wanting to do more though. I then got that package from you on Wednesday. The part that stuck out to me was the part where it talks about the importance of prayer. I have a very strong testimony of prayer. I know Heavenly Father listens and answers. I had been praying, but that was a nice reminder to help make my prayers more meaningful.

Other than that, things are going well. The baptism for Brenda and her two kids is still on track for the 4th of January. We have a new investigator as of Monday, his name is Brandon. He is a kid in a part member family that we are working with. We are also working with his little brother Blake, who is 8 years old. Pretty cool. We have a few more potentials that we will hopefully be meeting with this week. Things are going well. Time continues to fly by.

As for Christmas...I would like some Khaki pants. Jeri Lin, have you made a book for me for this past six months? I love those. But honestly...I think you guys know what I like. I don't think I am in dire need of anything though.

Dad-Well it seems to me that I have a family full of crazy fools. Haha first it is Mom, then it is Hayden. It seems that things are going pretty well though. I was so happy to hear that the Chargers pulled it off. I am glad you are doing well with your workouts. I don't think I know Justin Wright, but that is cool that he supported you and that you are supporting him. I am glad that workouts have been such a blessing in your life. Keep it up :) I love and miss ya.

Mom- Thank you for your short sweet messages :) I totally understand that you are super busy, so I am glad that you at least take a little bit of time to write me. Thank you for being my Mom. You are definitely one of my super heroes :) I love and miss ya!

Jeri Lin- To answer your question...it feels super weird to be halfway done. Time is racing by like Lightning McQueen. Ka-Chow! I think I answered your other questions about wants and needs for Christmas. I just had another thought. Nike Socks. I like dem. So..if at all possible :) I am glad your family is doing well. I love ya Sis. Thank you for everything :) Say hi to the kiddos for me. Have a good week, I love and miss ya! :)
I love you all. Tell everyone hello for me. I miss ya. I will be seeing you guys on the Skype next week! Have a good one :)

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle


The Smigelskis. They are on their way out. Gonna miss Elder Smigelskis jokes and training. Mostly his jokes ;)


Stevens, Martindale, and I. Buddies.


Stevens. Gutierrez, and I. Mas Buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment