Monday, December 23, 2013

Umm, Excuse Me Mr.....Your Tie is a Little Crooked. Merry Christmas! December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013
Dear Familia,

News, News, News. Where to start. This week has seemed to fly by, but when I look back at it, there was a lot that has happened. I wouldn't say there were a whole lot of huge, crazy things happened...just a lot more little things. Now it is Christmas time. It got here so fast. It is also super weird to think that this week will mark my second Christmas away from home. I am just looking forward to being able to talk with all your beautiful faces this Christmas. :)

Ok, but like I was saying, this past week has flown by. It was a good one though. I have a couple experiences that I would like to take away from it and share with you. You all know that Brenda and her two kids have decided to be baptized on January 4th. So on Tuesday, we met with them to go over the baptismal interview questions. They did a great job, so we went ahead and set up the interviews for Thursday. We got a ride into Elko from my good friends, Elder Prescott and Martindale. They interviewed the kids. (Who Passed with Flying Colors). While President Shumway, Second Councilor in the mission presidency, interviewed Brenda. He, President Shumway, called us all in after Brenda's interview and told us that it was right for this baptism to move forward and happen. Then he gave us the opportunities to bare our testimonies. Pure Awesomeness. That is what it is all about. I have had two other experiences such as this one on my mission. The feeling is just the same, and it never gets old. It happened with Juan, Raina, and now Brenda and her kids. It makes all the hard work and struggles worth it. In my opinion, it has made this Christmas just that much better :) OH...and I almost forgot to explain the title of my email...so while we were all gathered together after the interviews, President Shumway was talking to us and Connor raises his hand and say..."Umm...excuse me Mr...Your tie is a little crooked" Eh..no big deal. Just telling him like it is. I just had to laugh. I love the kid :)

Also speaking of Christmas surprises, I had one at church yesterday. I was just sitting there...standing there...at the door, handing out the programs. Normal Sunday. THEN. I. SEE. Kelly walking through the door. I am not quite sure if I have really talked about her. She is the mother of Seth, who was baptized right before I was transferred out here. So we have been working with him as well as her. She decided to surprise me as well as Elder Anderson, and show up for Sacrament Meeting. It was awesome. :)

I think that is the most exciting news from this week though. I am looking forward to the stress of making preparations for the baptism. :)

Dad- Happy Late Birthday! And may I just say that I hear you when you say that what is it with getting junk food when you don't want it. This past week has been...ridiculous. I am grateful yes, but it is quite overwhelming in a sense. Just hoping I don't get fat I guess. Thank goodness for P-day basketball ;) Let's just say I will be looking forward to the workouts with you after the mission :) I am sorry to hear about you 'Hawks...poor guys. I am glad the Chargers won. Now I just need Baltimore and Miami to lose, and we have to win next week. Basically...it is gonna be tough for us to make it this year. Oh well. I will just be happy if they finish strong. I am looking forward to talking with you guys. Swimming in December. You lucky dog. Haha. I really miss water...in its non-frozen state. I am glad to hear that Hayden will be able to enjoy it though. He is gonna bounce back and hit the field hard, just like Adrian Peterson. MVP! haha I love and miss ya Dad! I will see you on a screen in a couple of days. Until then! Have a good week and Merry Christmas :)

Mom- That picture you just sent me is super cool. Thank you for that :) And thank you for those happy Christmas wishes. My Christmas just seems to be looking like it is getting better and better each and every day. I am most looking forward to being able to see everybody and talk with everybody while you all enjoy my warm, relaxing birthplace :) I love and miss ya Mom! Have a good week! Merry Christmas

Jeri Lin- Ok...so I feel super bad. For some reason, I was thinking that you and Tony were gonna be in Texas or Utah this Christmas. I was planning on making you a card or something...but I didn't know your new address. So..I am a slacker, and didn't prepare anything for you for Christmas. I am sorry. I can still do something, it may just be late. I am looking forward to seeing all of you guys on Wednesday and seeing little Lindi and goofy Hyrum. I am a lucky uncle :) Thanks for your email! I love and miss ya! Have a good week!

I love you all and miss ya! Have an awesome week. I will see you soon!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment