Friday, July 5, 2013

Dear Dad July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013
Dear Dad,

I am happy to hear about the soreness that you are experiencing. That means you are working hard. I am so proud of you and your decision to change your life. It is gonna be so worth it, and I hope that I don't really recognize ya when I get home :) Keep up the hard work!

Thank you for the package, I will be awaiting its arrival. If it is sent to the wrong apartment, I will just let the sisters know that live there now. I am excited :)

As for the head split open. I did it at the Corbridge home after I got my hairs cut last Monday. I was just jumping on the trampoline and I did a backflip. I landed it and kept jumping, but them being dumb, I jumped funny and landed on my back while hitting my head on a spring. I got up and kept jumping. Afterwards, I was walking back inside and just touched the back of my head, it was covered in blood. So, the Corbridges super glued it up for me. It has held up, so I dont think the scar will be too bad. I don't have pictures right now, because I forgot my camera at the apartment, but I will be sure to get you some.

The pictures from last week were from Juan. He had a birthday party that he invited us to for a little bit at a park. The girl would be Hailey Hagler. She is a girl in the ward that was there as well. We were just playin on the ropes at the park.

It has felt a little like home the past couple days, but I know it is nowhere as hot as it could be. It isn't the most fun thing to be out in the sun in dress clothes though. Oh well though, it is only for a little while. Just gotta get through it, and if time keeps going like it has, it will be freezing cold again in no time. Elder Flake and I always joke about how wimpy people are here ;)

That is cool that there are so many missions opening up. I think that the Gilbert mission will be similar to this one. You will start to see a lot more missionaries in the stake and out and about. It will just be a matter of time :) Our mission has been around for a year today...that is kinda crazy. I remember when it was just like 6 months old. It has been so much fun though. I love it.

The work here is progressing. It is amazing. I love it. We had another lesson with Bonnie and Raina this week, and they came to church once again. There isn't a greater feeling, then seeing people wanting to make a change in their lives, and really being dedicated to doing it, because it does make a difference. I have a poem that Juan wrote that I will be sending you. It is what makes all the hard work worth it. Juan also wrote me a letter this week, which made my week just that much better. Knowing that we can make a difference in somebody's life as long as we open our mouth. That is really all it takes.

Thank you for the emails, I also look forward to them every week. I love and miss you Dad. I hope you have a great week!

Love your Son,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment