Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dear Dad July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013
Dear Dad,

The New Area is good. Different...but good. The trip out here was not too bad...just a whole lot of nothing to look at. Elder Stevens is from Virginia...just like my companion now. Elder Anderson. Yes. The same one from the MTC. It has been interesting learning to work with him again, but I am looking to make the most of it.

As for the area, definitely a lot more spread out than Sparks. I always wanted to be a cowboy when I was younger, so I guess this is my opportunity now. The other day we unloaded 5 tons of Hay from a trailer. Each bail weighed about 110 pounds. We run 2 miles every morning...So I am planning on staying in plenty good shape. I am serving in the fifth ward and there are tons of members here. The ward directory is like...25 pages long. However, most of the members are inactive or work the mine on Sundays...so we have to learn to work with that. I like it so far though. I was spoiled in Sparks though, that is for darn sure. We live in the unfinished basement of a member, but it is nice. :) And they do say creek...I haven't heard crick....YET.

It seems like you have had a pretty busy/ fun week. I am happy to hear that you are doing so well with the Biggest Loser. I am glad people are starting to notice the difference. Just imagine the difference I will see once I have finished my work here. It is gonna be awesome.

Thank you for everything Dad. I love you so much. I will be letting you know on all the happenings over here in Spring Creek when they happen. This past week has just been setting up the area book and getting to know the area book more than anything. I miss ya. Have a good week!

Your Son,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment