Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dear Dad July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013
Dear Dad,

7 months...it is crazy. It really has just flown by. I can't believe it, and I will be a 1/3 of the way done in a few weeks. I mean...at times...I feel as if I have been out forever, but then I start to think about it, and I feel like it hasn't been very long at all. It is gonna be bitter sweet at the end. I know that for sure. Just thinking that I am probably gonna be transferred out of this area within the next couple weeks is tough. This place has become home to me. It is weird. I can't imagine what it will be like when I am completely done. We will definitely have to make a trip up here after, k?

I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well with the Biggest Loser workouts, and that Coach is helping you so much. I love that guy, he was such a help to me in football, so I can imagine how much he is helping you and pushing you. People in the ward have asked me how you are doing with the workouts, so I will be happy to report to them how much progress you have made this past week. Burpees are like up downs, right? Gotta love them ;) Keep working hard!

So sisters, eh? I am not sure I would be super stoked about that. Have you talked to them much? Are they weird? It will be interesting to see what they can bring to the table. I talked to a kid yesterday that has been called to the Mesa mission. He was asking me for advice and whatnot. Kinda cool :)

The discussions went really well this week. Especially with Bonnie and Raina. We have just been trying to get Raina more comfortable with the idea of baptism. Our goal is to hopefully have her set with a date by Wednesday...our goal for the date is hopefully this Saturday. I guess we shall see though. Gotta follow the spirit with this one. I guess if it happens though, we will have pictures this next Monday.

You know...when I first read that I had been called to Reno, I wasn't the most excited person in the whole world. However, people had always told me that I would love my mission and that I would love all the people of my mission. Me? Love Nevada? Pfff. They couldn't have been more right. I love this place more than anything. And that is what this gospel is all about. Love. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much, He sent his Son. He set this plan for us. When we realize that, we want to share that love and our knowledge of that love with everyone. It is just natural. I love this place...this area. I honestly don't want to leave. I realize that love of my mission and the people of my mission now. It is so amazing. That love has grown so quickly. Even with people I wouldn't normally associate with back home. This gospel is amazing. We can't take it for granted.

I love ya Dad. Miss ya too. Have another good week! I can't wait to hear :)

Your Son,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle
  The Badillos are an inactive family that I have become really close to. They are one of the ones that I had to say bye to. It was tough. I have gotten such a good relationship with them. I will be sending a picture of them with me. Love them to death. I am gonna continue writing them letters and what not once I leave the area.

 Juan also likes to take weird pictures of me when I am not paying any attention...


Elder Stevens, Juan, and I

 Brother Hagler is GM of Coke. This stuff isn't even in stores yet, but they know how much I love Taylor Swift. So they hooked it up when we went over there for dinner last Monday. I love it :)



1 comment:

  1. So, my sister is on a mission in the Philippines. She has a blog. It's addiecrook.blogspot.com Um... I don't know you and I probably never will, but it's got her letters on it and I have to tell you, they are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete