Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dear Dad July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013
Dear Dad,

So to answer the big question of the week...Yes. I am being transferred and so is Elder Stevens. They are putting Sisters in the ward here. I will be heading all the way to the east side of the mission. Spring Creek to be exact...just south of Elko. I am thinking Fajardo is gonna be out there still, so I am gonna be excited to see him again if that is the case. I am super sad to leave this area though. I have come so close to the people here...it is my home. I honestly almost feel like I am leaving home again. I am going to be the senior companion...and I think my companion is my companion from the MTC....not a 100% on that one yet though. Needless to say, I am going to have my work cut out for me there. I hear the ward is great though. One of my zone leaders here used to serve in the ward I will be serving in. I believe the area is being split and I will be double transferred into the new half with my companion. We head out there early Wednesday morning. So...we shall see.

In the meantime, I have been saying bye to everyone that I can. I have lots of pictures to send this week, and I am sure there will be more this coming week. And the role plays were just like...practicing street contacting and all that good stuff. Just practicing starting up conversations with people. Gotta love dem role plays. As for getting picked up, it isn't a problem at all. President doesn't care as far as I know...I dunno what I would want though. I think it would be cool to be picked up, but I also would want to be back here...released...so IDK.

That will be fun to go to Spokane. And that is good that you are going to support your brother and I am sure Syd is super excited. I hope grandma gets and feels better...doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.

I am glad to hear that you have been keeping up with the workouts. No matter how tough they may be. Nothing better than that sore feeling. This week I worked out with Trey Hagler...we maxed out on bench when we had dinner with them. I got 165...I was impressed since I haven't been doing very much of that stuff since I have been out. Keep up with the hard work...it is definitely going to be worth it.

That is awesome that the monsoons are there...I miss them. Oh well though.

This week I had the opportunity to baptize, Raina. Talk about an amazing experience. She is so sweet...and she did awesome despite all her nervousness. I am grateful for the opportunity to know her and be such a special part of her life. The ward here is awesome and is gonna take care of her for sure. That is the most important thing...especially since I will be leaving here in a couple days. It was a small baptism, but it was amazing. This gospel is so amazing. I think one of the big things that helped her was the Mormon Message "You know enough" that we shared with her. I highly recommend watching it. Missionary work is awesome. I love it.

Thank you for everything Dad. As for that picture of me, I was messing around...telling Juan I was exhausted and he...took a surprise picture of me. He likes to do stuff like that :) Gonna miss that kid. I love you Dad. Have a good week with all your adventures. Oh! and I have a coke hat to send to you. I will do that as soon as possible. Smile!

Your Son,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle




 Raina's Baptism




 The Haglers

 The Metcalfs

 The Smiths

The Terassas

No comments:

Post a Comment