Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dear Dad July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013
Dear Dad,

I am happy to hear that you are making progress with the weight loss. Even if it is only a little progress. As long as working your hardest and leaving it all in the gym, that is really all that matters. Just like missionary work. :)

When I saw that you are only eating 1600 calories...pfff...dang. That would be tough. I am glad you are doing pretty well with it though. Thank you for the picture as well. It looks like coach has put on a little bit of weight. What is up with that? Just keep up the hard work. It is definitely worth it :) I am very proud of you.

As for the trampolines...yeah. I am staying away from them for a while. I learned my lesson. I will have pictures that I am sending. It looks bad, but it is basically all healed and the scar isn't bad thank goodness.

The discussions with the investigators. Awesome. It has been going so well with Bonnie and Raina. They were there again this week. Bonnie even bore her testimony. She thanked the missionaries (us) for our teachings and she said she is here to stay. They were so ready for us, it is amazing. We taught them on Saturday, did a little service in the yard for them, and then invited them to a baptism that some other missionaries were having. They came and loved it. It was really good to help get Raina comfortable with it all. I dunno if I told you that she is slightly autistic...so she gets really stressed out with new things and big groups. She has opened up so much to me though...she loves drawing and loves sharks. She and I were doodling at the baptism. It is awesome. I am hoping we have her baptized before I am out here. It amazing what the gospel and the spirit can do. It helps people bond. I am gonna be really sad when my time comes to leave which will probably be this transfer on the 23rd. My hope is to stay in the city. We will see though.

Thank you for the package this week as well. I appreciate that. I love and miss ya Dad. Keep working hard. Be better this week than you were last.

Love your Son,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

 My good friend Austin

 Elder Flake

Super Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment