Monday, October 13, 2014

Never Stop Improving October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014

Did you all have a good week this past week? I had a pretty good week. As far as the work goes, it was a bit slow. Just with appointments falling through and all that fun stuff, but we have some good things going on here in the Wild Creek ward.

So, good thing number one is that we had a baptism on Saturday. Hooray! The whole thing happening the way it did was a miracle. I will send the picture and I am sure the faces will look familiar to most of you. That is because just a month ago, we baptized the husband. The night of his baptism, his wife was admitted to the hospital as she had caught Pneumonia. Things were not looking good for her, which was not good news, because she had been wanting to be baptized on the same day, but had some things to work through, and then this trial arose. However, it ended up being a blessing in disguise. Like I mentioned, the wife had some things that she had to work through, but being in the hospital for so long allowed her the time to be able to do that and she kept up after she was discharged from the rehab center. So, with her husband being a newly ordained Priest, he was able to baptize her. I was asked to be in the font as well just as assistance with lowering her into the water,etc. It was a neat experience. Then Elder Katoa had the opportunity to be the voice in the confirmation yesterday. It was just good all around. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings that night with our neighbor, who is less active member of our ward who we are working with, to celebrate :)

That was the big story. Another neat experience we had this week was that we were able to get special permission to go to one of the hospitals in Reno and give Elder Katoa's aunt a blessing. The reason it was so cool was that he gave the blessing in Tongan. I have no clue what was said, but the Spirit was definitely there :)

Good things are happening. We are starting to get member trust back, which was really starting to dissipate with the previous missionaries. It is always so nice when members of the ward council come up and thank you for the good work we do and tell us that it appears as if we have some good things going. Which we do, we just need to keep it going in an upward trend so that I am able to leave this area better than I found it. That is my goal. Never Stop Improving.

Dad- Thank you for letting me know about the homecoming talk. That will be fun. I am looking forward to it. It will be a busy Sunday for sure :) I must say that I wish it wasn't so late for my release time, but I have been doing this for 2 years. What will a few hours matter? :) I am sorry to hear the news about your team, but once again, thank you for letting me know about the Chargers. I am happy with the team we have this year. Even though I don't know all the dynamics. We have Weddle, Rivers, Allen, Gates, and the rest. We are set :) As for the pictures, those come from Isaac. He is the Stake Executive Secretary here and I became very good friends with him my first go round here in Sparks. He just likes to take care of missionaries :) Also, thanks for helping take care of me wit the package. I received it last Monday evening and it has been a huge help and blessing :) I love and miss you Dad. Have a great week!

Mom- Thank you for the encouraging pep talk! It is very appreciated. :) Good luck with all you are trying to accomplish and do. Especially in finding goggles. You are in my prayers as well. I also would like to thank you for the package and your prayers in my behalf. I love and miss you Mom. I hope you have a good day and week!

Jeri Lin- I am sorry to hear that the sickness has been going around. Hopefully it only goes up from here. Which I have no doubt that it will because it seems to me that you are all continue to do well despite the sickness. It is good to hear that your kiddos are growing and learning :) I pray and hope that you all will have another good week. I sure do love and miss you all :)

Keila- I know you are counting...but 8 weeks. How crazy is that?! I love and miss ya :) Have a good week!

Sydney- Thank You for your email and for telling Cody to stop and talk to me next time. That little punk haha! I am bummed I didn't see him. Oh, and by the way good luck in you 500. I am sure you will do great. I love challenges like that. Just push yourself. It will definitely be worth it. I am glad you are doing well. I love and miss ya :)

Leslie- Hey, Mom tells me that you have some adventures to tell me about. I would love to hear about them when you get the chance. :) I hope you have a good week. I love and miss ya Sles :)

Brooke and Hayden- I will see you two yahoos soon! Just remember to smile and have a good week :) I love and miss you two!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment