Monday, October 6, 2014

Dear Family October 6, 2014

This week sure has been a busy one. Which is good. Do not think for one minute that I am complaining :) So, lets get down to why it was so busy. On Wednesday we were able to meet at the church building as a group of missionaries and watch the new movie that is coming out, "Meet The Mormons". Holy smokes. It is an awesome movie. If you have the chance. I highly encourage you to go and see it. It follows the lives of six different LDS people from around the world and just has them share their beliefs and why they do what they do. I am not a very emotional person, but I even got teary eyes. I sat next to Elder Flake and when the lights came on after it was over, he looked at me and was like..."did you cry?". I responded that I did a little bit. He said, "me too". Haha. I love that guy :) But for real. Good movie. Well worth the time and money :)

Also on Wednesday, we had our quarterly interviews with President. We don't have a whole lot of time with him, because there are so many to do. I had a good interview with him though. He asked me if I had any questions, and I told him that I know I asked him like a year ago if I could have a car, and I was asking him now. Just as a joke of course. He was actually surprised that I have been on a bike this whole mission experience. I told him that I don't even want a car any more. Just keep me on my bike :) He also asked me if I was happy with my mission. I told him that I don't think I could be any happier.This has been so great. I love it. :)

Now, going off that. I think I have shared some of the ups and downs of my mission. Probably more of the ups. Something that stuck out to me in conference this weekend though was the talk from...I believe it was Quentin L Cook in the Priesthood session. Don't quote me, because I don't have my notes with me. He said something along the lines of not being "fake"with our lives on social media,etc. So I am going to be real with you for a second here. Believe it or not, I have not been a perfect missionary. Surprise! I have made my fair share of mistakes. However, I have been able to overcome those mistakes and have come to develop a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father through the Atonement. Doing so has brought greater peace into my life. Which makes me happy and at peace with my mission. There is nothing better :)

Conference kept us busy this week as well. We had some investigators watch it with us. Like I said, I forgot my notes, but I will be sure to share more in the coming weeks. I think one of my favorite talks was Dieter F. Uchdorf's during the Priesthood session. I can tell you though that I had my testimony strengthened of those men being truly inspired, servants of our Heavenly Father once again. The questions I have been having and the council I needed were addressed and I am very grateful for General Conference :)

We also stayed busy with setting new baptismal dates for one of our investigators and then planning out the baptism for this coming Saturday. Things are continuing to move on forward here in Sparks. :)

Dad- Well I will definitely be sending pictures today. Lucky you ;) Haha I am glad you enjoyed conference. I also always enjoy the Priesthood Session. Good to hear that my teams did good this week. Good luck to your team tonight! Glad to hear that you are doing well this week. Crazy that Skyler is now home. I am happy for him. Let him know I say hi if you see him again. Speaking of which. Do you have any idea of when my home coming talk will be given? I have people planning on being there and I would like to let them know as soon as possible. Thank you for all your love and support Dad. I sure do love and support you :) I hope you have another good week!

Mom- I appreciate the pictures :) Just know that I also love and miss you and pray that you have a good week this week as well :)

Jeri Lin- Well I hope you are still happy and healthy and the rest of the Browns as well. I love and miss you guys! Have a good week :)

Keila- Hey.Smile.:) Haha I love ya Keila :) Have a good week!

Sydney-Thanks for your quick email :) I love and miss you as well! Have a good week off of school! :)

Leslie- Don't worry, be happy! :) Classic song. Haha I love and miss ya Sles! Have a good week :)

Brooke and Hayden- I love you too. Always :)

I love and miss you all! Have a good week!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)




No comments:

Post a Comment