Thursday, September 4, 2014

Jesus Loves You September 1, 2014

September 1, 2014

Labor day. I hope you all had a good one. I really don't like it all that much as a missionary. It makes things get all thrown off. That is why I am emailing you today. I did not forget about you all. Moving on from Labor Day to the rest of my week. Thankfully there is no correlation between the two.

This week I have had more confirmations of that I am where I need to be. One of our investigators stopped me in the middle of reading a verse while we teaching him and just went on to tell me the amount of respect that he has for me. Just knowing that I am appreciated goes a long way. In other news for the area, we are having a baptism this coming Saturday. It isn't a convert baptism, but it is a man that we have been teaching who is coming back to the church. We are also working with his wife and she will be a convert baptism. We are working for hers to happen within the next couple weeks as well. :) Things are going well in the area, but always trying to find more opportunities to teach.

On Friday we had Zone Conference. In this Zone Conference we focused on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. During the opening remarks by President we were just discussing just how vast the Atonement truly is. After all, it is infinite. For a moment I felt really small in comparison. Then I got this amazing feeling of peace as I remembered the prayers and answers and relationship I have been able to develop with our Heavenly Father. I know that he knows me personally. The Atonement is for each one of us as individuals.

That brings me to an experience that I had previously in the week. We were riding around and we stopped to talk to a few people. Most of them weren't very interested. However, there was one guy that we started talking to. Just a genuine conversation between me and him about art. He busted some art out of his backpack and then some sharpies and a plank of wood. He drew me a picture and then flipped it over and told me to draw him something. A blank canvas is intimidating. I took the challenge and began making a quick sketch of a portrait of the Savior. While doing so, my companion began talking with him about the Gospel. He began telling him or us about how he was mad at God for a variety of different reasons. While listening, I decided to just top off the drawing by writing "Jesus Loves You". As I handed it back to him, the smile and excitement was priceless :) It is a simple testimony, but I know that Jesus Loves You.

Dad- I am glad you enjoyed your Labor Day :) It is super weird to think that we were in New York two years ago. That was a great time. Some of my very most favorite memories for sure :) I am glad that you are still doing well. Just keep in mind that Jesus does love you and have another good week! Also remember that I love and miss you as well :)

Mom- I am glad you all are home safe from Luna now. I am glad that you were able to have some good experiences though. Surprised by Jeri Lin and all. I found it interesting that we both were focused on the Atonement this week. Thank you for sharing that story with me. There is no doubt that the Atonement is here for each and every one of us to change. I have experienced it myself on this mission and seen others experience it :) Thanks again! I am glad you and all the kiddos are doing well too. Thanks for the pictures and updates. Have another good week Mom. I love and miss you!

Jeri Lin- I am happy that you were able to go have some fun up in Luna. Surprises are always fun. Good work :) Tell Hyrum that I am also excited to be at Christmas. It is going to be a good time :) Thanks for the quick update! I love ya and miss ya and your familia. Have a good week!

Keila- You told me how your first day of college was...how has it been since then? Better I hope :) I am doing well myself. Can't complain too much. I love and miss ya too. Time is going quick. I will see you soon enough! Have a good week!

Sydney- Thanks for your quick email. I hope swimming and school are continuing to go well. I love and miss ya! Have a good week! :)

Leslie- I got a letter headed your way, so be on the lookout :) I love and miss ya! Have a good week and work hard in swimming fast :)

Brooke- Hope you are still doing well! Stay happy and cool! Your Birthday is coming soon! :)

Hayden- Mom told me that football is starting soon. That is super exciting. Play hard and score lots of touchdowns for me! I love ya man and miss ya :)

That is all I have for now. I sure do love and miss you all. Have an awesome week! :)

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment