Monday, September 15, 2014

Sweet 16 - September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014

Well I am sitting here. Yep. Enjoying all the good news I have received via the emails. Thank you for that. I am also sitting here, feeling terrible, because I ate entirely too much for lunch this afternoon. A footlong, Italian BMT from Subway (5$ Sub of the Month) and then I had 16oz of Frozen Yogurt from U Swirl. I suppose it is a good thing that my transfer call from last night told me that I will be staying in the area, and I will just continue biking. I am sure that is not much of a surprise to anyone.I had been hoping this week that I would get a call to train a new missionary again, but I didn't even get one of those. I am getting a new companion though. Don't know him all to well, so I guess more details will come next week. I do believe that he is a Spanish speaker, which will be a huge help here in the area. It seems that just about every person I try to talk to here only speaks Spanish. So..yeah. That is the transfer news as today marks the beginning of Sweet 16. It is my 16th transfer here in the mission field. How crazy is that? :)

As for this past week, it actually has been quite slow over all. My companion caught a bug. Not like a cricket or ants, but like a sick bug. I guess it just has been making its way around. So, he spent a lot of time resting. Meanwhile,I drew pictures, read the scriptures, just anything to keep me busy.It was kinda rough, but I survived. Just because it was a slow week does not mean that it was an unsuccessful week though. The biggest highlights I believe are that we now have two people set with a baptismal date. Both set for the 11th of October.Things are moving right along :)

Speaking of things moving right along, my trainer is going home in a couple days. Along with a few other very good friends of mine. Including one of my very best friends, Elder Stevens. I remember feeling like the first 12 weeks were an eternity. Now, that is all I have left.Things surely are just moving right along.

So...I am trying to think of a good story for the week. Hmm. Well yesterday, after sacrament meeting, our ward mission leader came up to us and said that he was worried about the man we baptized just a couple weeks ago, because he went to go pick him up for church, but there was no answer.He asked us if we would be willing to go with him during the Sunday School hour to go check on him. We agreed. We got to his apartment. No sound. Not even the dog was barking. This was worrying us, because of the health condition he is in. So...we tried seeing if the leasing office had an extra key. Nothing. Next option, check with his wife who has been in the hospital for pneumonia. We drive there and she tells us to try going around the back and knocking on the window. Luckily we were able to do that and everything was alright. It was an adventure,going back and forth around town. What I got from it all? Some tree sap in my hair. Haha lucky me. Just to make a comparison, I think that may be how Heavenly Father feels when he doesn't hear back from us. Communication is key. We are extremely blessed to have the ability to communicate with one another. I look forward to it each and every week. We are extremely blessed to be able to communicate daily with our Heavenly Father. Don't you forget that :)

Dad- I am happy to say that I was surprised to hear about the loss of my Chargers to Arizona, but pleasantly surprised about our win against Seattle. That gives me great hopes for the rest of this year. I am just sorry that it had to come to the expense of your team. I am glad that you were able to have some fun at the pool this week. I hope you have a good time with Hayden at Cabela's this week too :) Just keep doing your best. I continue praying for you to have the opportunities that you want and need and that will be best for you and the family.Just put yourself in a position to succeed and it will all work out :) I love you and miss you Dad. Have a Great week! :)

OH! ps. I need new tread for my bike tires. I have been riding bald for a few months now, my personal debit card doesn't seem to work any more though. Would you be able to order some, or what is the plan of action I should take??

Mom- Well thank you for your email.It is always nice to have updates and pictures. I am glad the kiddos are all doing well and that you all were able to have some fun,celebrating Brooke's birthday. It sounds like fun. I am also glad that the kids are doing things that help you out. That is something I definitely wish I was better at while I was there at home. I am glad you are doing well Mom. Keep it up and have a good week. I love and miss you :)

Jeri Lin- I was wondering when I was going to get that news. It looks like my prayers have been answered! Thank you so much for all you do. You are a huge help :) You said you had a pretty boring week, but it doesn't seem to me to have been all that boring. Bed Frames, Birthday, and fun kids. Sounds good :) I hope you have another good, "boring" week ;) Smile! I love and miss you!!

Keila- Well I hope you have had a good week!! I sure love ya and miss ya. Hope school and work are going well :)

Sydney-I hope you are having a good Monday so far! I also hope that you have a good week! :)

Leslie, Brooke, and Hayden. I love and miss you all too! Have a good, fun week!

I love and miss you all!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment