Monday, July 28, 2014

Elder Schwimmer July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Ok, explanation. I am going to have to order a name tag that says "ELDER SCHWIMMER". Haha. I am constantly being told that I look like David Schwimmer. In fact, we started talking with a guy earlier this past week; he started off by telling me that I did a fantastic job in some movie. He then proceeded to tell me about how much I look like my celebrity doppelganger. That's not all though, he started telling us how he was making a movie about our church history and asked me if I would be willing to be casted in the movie as Brigham Young. I don`t think he has done much of his research, because I look nothing like Brigham Young. Haha. Not only that, but I would be the most chill Brigham Young there is. We had a good laugh on the way home that night. :)

Other than that, it has been a pretty crazy week. It actually has been the busiest I have had as far as teaching goes. We talked to and taught tons and tons of people. By the end of the night last night, we ended with a total of 43 lessons taught in the week. It really is some tough work. I have really been looking forward to this Pday today as well as church yesterday. I love how church is just a time for rejuvenation and rest for the coming week. The scripture of the week is definitely Matthew 11:28. " Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest". This week has been another confirmation to me that the atonement is for each and every one of us. No matter what it is that we may be going through. Jesus Christ is aware. He is constantly willing to let us come unto him and lay down our burdens. As a missionary, I have found it very difficult to show that unto others at times. I feel that it has been hard for us to do that with our investigators here. However, as my testimony has been strengthened in the truthfulness and reality of the Atonement, I know that I will be able to be more capable of showing that unto others. This mission is definitely the perfect mission for me. I can look back over the past few months and really see the changes I have made. Changes for the better. Another example is the joy that comes from working hard. It isn't the most enjoyable in certain moments, but in the end there is no regret. I am grateful that I have been able to learn that as well :)

So yeah, one exciting thing that happened with the people we are teaching was that Calvin finally agreed to and said his first prayer. It was powerful. As slow as he is progressing, it gives me joy to see him make those steps. :) As for all the others, we had three of them at church. Good things are happening. Just slowly. Very slowly. I am feeling like I may not be able to see all these people through it all. Transfers are coming up once again. We will receive the calls on Sunday. We will have to see what the future has in store. :)

That is what my week has been though. Not quite sure what else to tell ya :)

Dad- Well I suppose the polite thing to say is You're Welcome :) I am glad to hear that though, truly. We got a ride home with our ward mission leader yesterday after church and even he mentioned that he has received a lot of good feedback from members of the ward about us. Like I said, I have come to realize that nothing beats hard work. I can see myself becoming the missionary I have always wanted to be. Still got some work to do, and I have gone through some rough patches. I couldn't be any happier with my mission to this point though. I love it :) I am glad you are still doing well this week amongst the hot weather, rain storms, raw ankles, and tough workouts :) I hope that you have another good week! I sure do love and miss you. Thank you for all you do :)

Mom- I talked to you a little bit about the whole school thing last week. Well Bishop and his wife told me at dinner on Saturday night to go into school in January and to come back and thank them later. Haha. I was thinking maybe just doing a few classes at MCC for a semester and then just transferring to ASU. Just let me know what you think :) I hope you are doing well and I hope you have had a good week. I sure do love and miss you :)

Jeri Lin- I am glad you had an exciting adventure of bike riding. I am tired of bikes personally :P I am glad you enjoyed it though! :) I am glad all is well in Texas, because all is definitely well here in Nevada. It isn't too hot here. Even though people freak out when it is in the 90's. I enjoy it. I would much rather be hot and sweaty than being freezing and not being able to hardly function. I can't complain :) I love and miss ya Sis, and I hope you have a good week :) One more thing. Could you accept people as friends on Facebook and Instagram for me??

Keila- Well it is good to hear that you like your new job. Should I say love your new job? I hope the first week of it has been as good as the first week was. I also am glad that you like your mommy car. :) This week, "Mini Takes the States" has come through Reno. I was in Heaven Yesterday with all the Minis. Like...coolest thing ever! :) Then I also got to ride in the Bishop's mini. :) It was pretty sweet. I love and miss ya! Have a good week :)

Sydney-Well I hear that you are coming home soon! I hope you have a good last week there in Washington and that you have had a good week this week as well. I love ya and miss ya Syd! Smile and Stay Happy :)

Leslie- Well I hope you enjoyed camp! I have a letter for you, I just need to get it sent! I love ya Sles and miss ya! :) Have a good week!

Brooke- Hey you! Are you excited for School or do you still wish it could still be summer? :) I love ya and miss ya! Have a good week! :)

Hayden- Dude! Thank you for your letter! I am sending you a letter back :) I hope you have a good week! I love ya and miss ya man :)

Well that is all I have for now. I sure do appreciate and love each and every one of you and the support you give me as a missionary. :)

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment