Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014

I called it. Germany won the World Cup :)

Anyways, besides me calling the winner of the World Cup, this week has been a pretty good one once again as well as a busy one.

Let me start with Tuesday. It was a stormy day. A day Mom would call a "Bryton" day. We were out walking and decided to hurry back to the apartment to wait for at least a majority of the storm to pass. While waiting some thunder came that shook our apartment. It was pretty neat. Another neat thing that happened Tuesday is that we met a lady that blows glass. We watched her do that for a while and just talked with her. Now she is a pretty cool potential investigator and she even gave us each a glass bead that she made :)

Wednesday. Wednesday was our zones temple temple trip day. Those are always fun. While we were waiting for the session to start, we were standing in the dressing room. Elder Flake was next to me and President was across from us. Elder Flake asked me if I would sit next to him and President asked me if Flake wanted me to hold his hand. I said yes. :) haha it was a good session with no hand holding :)

Thursday was a first for me. I was able to give my first baptismal interview. That is one of my responsibilities as the District Leader. I interview people for baptism who have been taught by the other missionaries in my District. Dave and I had the neat experience of being able to share our testimonies with one another in the interview. It was much needed for me. It was like a breath of fresh air. Which is exactly what I need if I want to continue on this sprint to the finish. The spirit was so strong in the room as Dave told me the story of his conversion. I felt as if the two of us had been friends for quite a while. I have mentioned it before, but it is quite amazing how the gospel is able to bring people together so quickly :)

Friday was a pretty average day for missionary life here in the downtown area. Elder Reynolds and I did share some good laughs.

Saturday was the day of Dave`s baptism. It was really good. We brought Kimberly along, and she really enjoyed it as well. Juan was also there and I just kept reflecting on his baptism which happened a little over 16 months ago. That is crazy. He starts his mission in a month!

That now brings us to Sunday. Which was also a good day. Just about all the ward was gone yesterday. Just about every single one of the men were gone to help and enjoy scout camp at Yellowstone all this week. Which meant that we had the opportunity to help with passing the sacrament. I can't even remember the last time I got the chance to pass. It has been a while. We still struggle with getting people we are teaching to come to church, but we are doing our best. It was a goodSunday and good week altogether :)

I am so grateful for the opportunity and privilege that it is to be able to serve my mission here in Reno Nevada. It is the perfect mission for me. I have come to know that the Lord truly is the one in charge. It is his work. It is the best work. Thank you for all you do. The love and support is very much appreciated and it does not go unnoticed. I hope you know that :)

Dad- You are right when you say that life is full of ups and downs. One thing that I have noticed on my mission is that I remember the ups a lot more than the downs. You will have to send me pictures of you new sick whip. (New Car). I am glad you were able to get it all worked out :) As far as work goes, that is tough. I will be praying that you can get it all worked out without too much stress. Just gotta keep improving each and every day and saying our prayers. They work :) I love and miss ya! Have a Great week! :)

Mom- Thank you for your email this week, still not sure what happened last week, but oh well. Thank you for the pictures as well. I have to tell you that I miss the haboobs, and can't wait for them next year...even if it means that the pool needs extra attention :) I am glad to also hear that you have had some good experiences this week amongst your normal busy schedule. You are always in my prayers. It is good to hear that everyone is doing well. I love and miss you Mom. Have an awesome week :)

Jeri Lin- I can agree with you that it is nice to have the nights cool down. That is how it is here in Reno, minus the humidity. So I am sure I like it here more than I would if I was in Texas. It is good to hear that you are all doing well and having some good times :) It is good to hear that you are doing so well with the family history stuff as well. We will just have to see what happens when I get home. I am excited for the day that happens...but also kind of not excited for having to deal with real life again. Mostly school. haha. I hope you have another good week though! I love and miss ya!

Keila- Thanks for the giraffes. Totally awesome :) You should send me a picture of your car. I love and miss ya! Have a good week! :)

Sydney- Glad to hear that you are still doing well in Washington and that you are helping out around there. Keep having fun, but remember to stay safe! I love and miss you! Have a happy and good week :)

Leslie- Mom tells me that you did a good job in giving a talk yesterday. I was happy to hear that. I hope you are doing well. I love and miss you! Have a great week!

Brooke- Thank you for your awesome email! That is so cool that you are doing championships with your syncro team. Keep up the good work and keep having fun. Mom told me you are going to camp, so you will have to tell me about it when you get back. Love and miss ya! Have a good week :)

Hayden- Mom told me and sent me a picture of you going to camp. You will have to let me know how it goes. Keep having fun and staying happy! I love ya man :)

I love and miss you all!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment