Friday, January 17, 2014

Growing Up January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014
This week has been awesome to say the least. I feel like I have grown up a whole lot this past week. Let me explain.

So...as you know I wasn't looking forward too much to being with Elder Anderson for another 6 weeks. After my email last Monday and reading the emails I received it was like...a humbling experience. As if you guys were saying to me, "Come on Bryton, You are better than this". So I talked with Elder Anderson and we sat down and kinda figured what we were expecting from each other and out of ourselves this transfer. Before my mission, I really don't think I would have done that. So...that is one thing I noticed.

Then I had one of my very best friends ask me for a blessing, just out of the blue. I even asked him if he was serious...that is how surprised I was. I did give him a blessing. It was an emotional experience for sure. It really hit me hard though. Priesthood power is real. I really want to do my very best to be worthy of that power at all times. I want to be able to have that in my home when I have a family of my own. I couldn't help but compare that experience to a possibility in my future with my future kids asking me for a blessing. I guess it just put things into perspective and showed me that I have come a long way since a year ago.

As for miracles this week. We received a call telling us that the husband of a part member family that we have been trying to meet with for forever wants to be baptized in February. The ward is such a huge help here. We are planning on meeting them this Thursday. So that was good news. We also have a few potentials that we will be meeting with that day. Hopefully some good comes from that. Gonna continue working with the Wilkies. Life is good here in the Spring Creek. And those Transfer goals that Elder Anderson and I set, may just be broken. We are working for the best.

I believe I have told you that I really have been trying to focus on becoming more selfless ever since I got here to the creek. My quote I am trying to live by this transfer is as follows, "Good teams become great ones when the members are willing to surrender the 'Me' for the 'We'" --Phil Jackson

My Testimony has grown this week. I know that the Priesthood power is real and that it is a gift that Heavenly Father has given to us and it is something we need to take special care of. I know that Joseph Smith restored the church and that he was a true prophet. I am so grateful for the knowledge I do have. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Dad- That is cool that you were able to baptize Hayden this week. Looks like he is becoming a real stud muffin. He must get it from his older brother ;) Haha I am glad you had a good stake conference. Keep up the good work with the working out. You are in my prayers as well. I love and miss ya. Have an awesome week!

Mom- Well I am glad you enjoyed my email last week. I enjoy yours every week. And Sister Hagler has been talking to you I suppose? And I am glad that Hayden is doing well. He is a good kid. I can't wait to hang out with him :) I am glad that you guys live in a good ward. I am living in a good ward too. Life is just good. I love you Mom. Miss ya tons! Have a good week!

Jeri Lin- Well I didnt get an email from ya. I want you to know that you guys are in my prayers and that I love and miss you. Have an awesome week!

I love and miss all you guys. :)

Have a great week!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment