Monday, January 20, 2014

Dear Family January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014
Where to start this week....Hmmm. Well some of the most exciting news first I suppose.

I believe that I told you all last Monday about Brother Urenda and his desire to be baptized. So far so good. We confirm the appointment on Thursday and head over there with one of the Members of the ward. When we walk in though, we are informed that Brother Urenda is not feeling well and is sleeping. I was like..."Seriously? Oh well, the least we can do is visit with his family who have been less active for quite some time". So we do...we have lots of good gospel conversation. And then...He comes from the hall and comes and sits down. We continue visiting with the family and he begins to participate as well. Long story short, we invite him to read the Book of Mormon, come to church on Sunday, and be baptized when he comes to know the truth. He commits to all three. Yesterday he was at church with his family. And tonight we have another appointment with them and we are hoping to set him with a baptismal date. Pretty sweet, eh? I am excited. Also...I can honestly say that before and when we got there I was a bit more on the judgmental side of things. When he came out and we started talking, my love just grew immensely for the guy and for his family. It is kinda crazy how it all happens.

Also, we may have another potential baptism in February. Kelly is currently working towards kicking her smoking habit and said her goal is by the end of February. She has also started going to church. She goes with a friend in Elko after her graveyard shifts at wal-mart. She is definitely progressing and making moves in the right direction. We will meet with her and Seth again on Friday. :)

Other than that...things are continuing to go well for me. Elder Anderson and I didn't see a whole lot of results this week from the time we put in. I mean we tried to visit nearly every less active family on our list and talked to and offered service to everyone we saw. Not a whole lot came from it. The lessons we did have were amazing though. Things are continuing to move forward. We have some good things planned for this week as well.

Funny story for the week. So...Elder Stevens was with me on Friday, we were on companion exchanges. We were biking around..feeling out of shape. Having a good time. Looking for people to teach. And he was cruising up ahead of me and decided to endo...I wasn't looking where I was going. Just plugging along and then I look up to see him stopped right in front of me. I slam on my brakes and jump off my peddles but my front tire hits his back tire and the back end of my bike flies up and the bike frame caught my right under my left butt cheek. I didn't fall, but my but was sore for a couple of days. haha We were laughing pretty good. Reminded us of some good times back in Sparks :)

I think that is all I got for now from this past week though.

Dad- Well I am gonna stick by the saying that Defense wins Championships and I will be cheering for your Seahawks in the Super Bowl. I was hoping that my Chargers were gonna pull some upsets and make it in there with the Chickens, but it just wouldn't be right if we weren't able to watch that together. Maybe next year ;) That would be cool if you were able to go up there and do that run. Let me know what you decide. :) I just want to thank you again for all your prayers and support. I love and miss ya Dad. Have a great week and a great day off of work!

Mom- Well Dad just informed me that you are teaching your class at the gym. I want you to know that I love and miss you. Thank you for all you do. I hope you have a good week. You are always in my prayers :)


Jeri Lin- Thank you muchos for the loves. It is so good to hear that you and Tony are still doing well with your kiddos and that you are achieving the goals that you have set. Goals definitely make a huge difference and I want to thank you for your example to me of setting goals. I love and miss ya sis. Have an awesome week! :)

Spring Creek Zoo

Dunkin'

No comments:

Post a Comment