Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dear Familia January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014
Dear Familia,

I have had a pretty good time this week. Lets see...Well after this week we have a total of two baptisms planned for the month of February. If those follow through the Spring Creek 5th ward will have a total of 7 convert baptisms thus far for the year. We must be doing something right! :) Brother Urenda is planning on being baptized on Valentine's Day, February 14th :) And Kelly is planning for exactly two weeks later on February 28th. Hers is a little more tentative, because of her smoking habit, but we wanted to give her a positive goal to give her some more encouragement to quit. Things are going well though. It is great :) Mom made the comment in her email today that it will be good for the Urenda's to have their dad baptized, because it will bring the Priesthood into their home. I think I knew that, but I just didn't really make that connection. I have had many opportunities to exercise the Priesthood I have been given the past few weeks. I am so grateful for it! I was able to give the Bishop in my ward a blessing. I had to anoint Elder Anderson yesterday as he was feeling sick, and then last night a woman in the ward asked me to give her a blessing. I am so grateful to have the trust of the members here in Spring Creek, so that I can be someone they can turn to when they are in need. And I couldn't do it without the help from my Heavenly Father. :) My testimony of the Priesthood has definitely increased dramatically just in the past few weeks. It wouldn't have happened if I wasn't out here on my mission. I love it :)

I say it was a good time, but yesterday I experienced having a sick companion for the first time yesterday. Elder Anderson woke up at 5 yesterday morning puking. I had no idea. I was sleeping. Then he woke back up at 6:30 and I thought he was just in the shower, but I guess he was puking more. He didn't tell me any of this. So we go to church...and all during sacrament meeting, he was looking awful. So I ask him, and he was like lets go home. So we left church after sacrament. And...sat around yesterday. Kinda boring, but it is what it is. He is feeling better today. So that is good.

Other than that, I dunno if there is anything else really new and exciting going on though. Life is good. I love it :)

Dad- I will be sure to keep her in my prayers. And guess what? You are such a baller. I wish I could be there playing there some days, but I am here doing well, so I can't complain :) That is awesome that you were able to have that experience with the Temple. It looks really good. Probably one of my favorites for sure. I can't wait to see it for reals :) And I feel ya on that...I have been cussed out and called lots of things just walking down the street. Doesn't make the church any less true though. No worries on being late though. I appreciate what you did have to say though. Love and Miss ya Dad! Have a good week :)

Mom- Well I am glad you enjoyed the picture of me dunking. Hopefully we can get some more pictures of me dunking people into the water ;) Things are definitely going well for me. I am glad you had a good training. We have a special training on Wednesday. Hopefully I can learn lots there :) Thank you for all those pictures and stories. Hayden cracks me up. I hope you have another good week! I love and miss ya Mom!

Jeri Lin- One question. Were those waffles better than IHOP's New York Cheesecake Pancakes? Because that sounded delicious :) I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers. I already do, but now I have something specific to pray about. After all, specific prayers get specific answers :) And don't worry, I am waiting till I have kids of my own. I am excited for it though. It seems like a lot of fun hard work :) As for exercise...Pushups..sit ups. Lifting. Basketball. Nothing too special. Oh! Riding bikes also ;) I love and miss ya Sis! Have a good week :)

I have a couple pictures I will be sending your way. I love you guys :)

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

Three of my five companions thus far...

 Didn't even get sick or pass out.

Elder Prescott before he got transferred out.

No comments:

Post a Comment