Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Time Flies August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013



I have been here in Spring Creek for 5 weeks going on 6. This week is the end of the transfer. Holy Smokes. It is crazy how fast time flies when you are working. Oh boy have we been working. We now have a new investigator. The one we did the weeding for. We had our first lesson with her last Wednesday, and have another with her this Wednesday. Pretty cool. She has committed to reading the Book of Mormon, so we will be checking up on that this week. We also are continuing to teach Brenda and her kids. Which is going really well. We tried to set a baptismal date, but she isn't ready to commit. She was at church yesterday though, and they are going to be attending a baptismal service this weekend, so hopefully that helps her out a bit. Love them to death. :) I guess I will have news on transfers next week though. Not expecting anything too dramatic, but you never know. It has been a good week all in all. :)

Dad- Of course the Chargers beat the Cardinals. Easy as cheese. ;) That is awesome that the Seahawks are doing so well. I am sad I am gonna miss out on fantasy, but oh well. I will get back on it and kick butt when I am back in my Arizona home ;) I am glad to hear that you are doing so well with the biggest loser competition. I can't wait to see how much different you look with your buff self when I get home. :) You lucky dude...I wish I could head to San Diego and have fun with you guys. That is by far one of my favorite places to visit. When we get back home, we will have to make a trip there some time and go to The Strip Club (steak house) since I will be 21 :) I hope you guys have fun though. I am glad work and all that is going well though. Just keep on keeping on. I love ya Dad!

Mom- Thank you for your little notes and pictures. They mean a lot. Just letting me know that you love me. I want you to know that I love you. Very much. You have taught me a lot. You have taught me how to work. I really don't think I would be doing as well as I have been if it wasn't for you and the things you have taught me. Keep being an awesome Mom. Our family is super blessed :) I love ya Mom! :)

Jeri Lin- Well, thank you for all the good news. I can honestly say that I was worried that Hyrum would forget me. It is good to hear that he hasn't though. Lucky me :) It is also way good to hear that you have started running. We try to run at least a few times a week. At least two miles. We were doing it every day for a while...but you kind of get tired. Missionary work is quite exhausting, but I love it :) That is good that you are pushing yourself. I love doing that :) Continue to keep me updated on the news of your family. I hope that the job, house, and all that good stuff works out. It will...so just keep doing what you are doing :) I love you!

Well I hope you all have another good week. Thank you for your prayers and all you guys do for me. I though of something that could be sent in a package...my Oakley sunglasses are now Brokeleys...so a pair pf sunglasses? Preferably white...like those blue and black ones Jeri Lin has. Also...ties are always a good commodity...so if you ever find any cool cheap ones. That is all I can think of though. I love you all!

Your Son and Brother,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment