Monday, August 19, 2013

Good Week! August 19, 2013

                                    August 19, 2013
Dear Mom, Dad, and Jeri Lin,

Well...this week has been awesome. We taught a total of 17 lessons this week. Our goal was 20. So we are getting there. The people we have started teaching are awesome. So let me start out by telling you a little bit about them. So...we have Brenda and her two kids in our area and then her boyfriend and his two kids in the other elders we share the ward with area. All four of us teach them together. They are super cool. We have another lesson with them this Saturday. I think they will take a little time before baptism. I think we will shoot for the middle of October, but I think it is just a matter of time if they keep going like they have been. We also have been teaching a girl named Sarah. She will be moving back up to New York at the beginning of September. I am gonna miss her. She has been living with her in laws while her husband (less active) has been over in Afghanistan. Her mother in law is from Arizona...so we enjoy talking about that :) And Sarah like 3 year old daughter has the biggest crush on me haha. They are active members and Sarah was given as a referral to us from Elder Fajardo. Remember him? Yeah...my good friend has been here in the Creek since the start. It has been good to be able to catch up with him. Anyways...we also found a potential investigator tracting the other day. We offered a blessing on her home, but she declined so before she could close the door I offered that we could do some service. She agreed. So the other day we went over and pulled weeds for a couple hours (still a lot to do), but then asked if we could come do some more service and teach a lesson in return. She agreed, so we have a lesson with her this coming Wednesday. Needless to say, it is going well. :) OH! and I like being on bike....haha I get some good laughs when Elder Anderson crashes or nearly crashes. It is a good time :)

Dad- I am sorry this week went a little backwards, but like you said, just gives you more motivation to do better. I know last week our lesson count went down a few from the previous weeks, but we were able to bounce back this week and lead our district. So just keep working hard. That is awesome that the Seahawks won. I got to rub that in Fajardos face when we go play football a little later :) I am glad you got the hats. That is all thanks to the Haglers. The speakers are good though. I mean they work. One of these days if I can find a cheap one at Ross or something, I may get an ihome though. We will see. Let me know about the job search as well.

Mom-Well now that school is in, the craziness starts to pick up. It sounds like you all are doing pretty well though. Which  I am super happy to hear. I hope Sydney will do well with swim and that all the other kids are doing well in their activities. I pray for all of you every night. I am glad Papa and Grams are doing well too. That is awesome that he is gonna be a substitute. I think that can be kinda stressful though too. I am sure he will do great :) Thanks for the updates. I hope you have a good week! Be safe. I love you!

Jeri Lin- It is so good to hear that you and Tony are doing well and spending time at the temple and doing missionary work. I heard about the new movie and one of the members here said that I kind of look like the new Satan. True? Keep up the good work. :) All craziness with work...still there. That is awesome that you got a job though! I am sure you will do awesome. Somebody has to do it...I cant. Not my cup of tea. :) That is cool that you went to that open house, and it is so true what you said. You will have a special place for the Shalimar ward. I definitely have a special place for Sparks. I think about the people there quite often. 

Thank you for everything! If I think of something for a package, I will let you know. I love all you guys. I hope you have an awesome week.

Love your Son and Brother,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment