Monday, August 12, 2013

Another Week in the Creek August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013
Dear Mom, Dad, and Jeri Lin,

Well another week come and gone here in Spring Creek.

Dad- Dang...at least it is Pre-season. I am excited for football season again. Even though, I don't get to follow it as closely as I would like. Oh well. I will be awaiting the updates :) Dad...You are awesome. I am so glad that you had such an awesome week with the weight loss. I am very much on the proud side for you. Keep up the good work!

Yeah...the dog story is a fun one :) As far as the nerf guns...my companion has multiple. SO...I can defend myself sometimes. We have had a few good wars with the other missionaries we live with this past week once we were done with our planning or just randomly during lunch and whatnot :)

The work here in my portion is slow. It should be better this week though. We have some appointments set up and hopefully should have some set up more. Now...as long as they don't cancel, it should be good :)

I definitely want to show you around these places one of these days. I love them. Lots :)

Mom- Thank you for the short little notes. That is awesome to hear about Vince. That was some of the best news I have heard :) I love you Mom. Thank you for your hard work and example :)

Jeri Lin- I am glad to hear that your little family is still doing really well and that the blessing went well. Nothing better that family. For sure! Things are going really well. Just trying to get the amount of work for one area in half the area. I enjoy it though. :) And yes, The members here are good about feeding us as well.

Well this week I wrote a poem. SO here it is.

At That Moment

I will follow Thee!
To the world I was sent
My whole soul filled with glee
At That Moment

Life is hard, Life is rough
My heart with sorrow Rent
I have had enough
At That Moment

Now a scene in my head
As I sat discontent
From a story I read
At That Moment

It all became so real
Into the Garden He went
Just to go and feel
At That Moment


My troubled soul to lift

Now able to repent

Such a precious gift

The Atonement


Well...that is what I have this week. It is going well. I love you all and miss ya.


Love your Son and Brother,

Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment