Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Emergency Rooms, Transfers, Baptismal Dates, Gardens, and....yeah September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013

I am happy to report on yet another successful week in the Creek. On Tuesday, I was able to spend three hours in the emergency rooms. Good times. I have pictures, but I forgot my camera cord, so I will have to send them next week. Patience is a virtue. ;) Also, transfer calls have come in and I....am...staying. Nothing in our whole zone really changed. Other than one of the other wards is getting a set of Sisters to go along with their Elders. Then Elder Fajardo is being transferred out. I was bummed by that one. He has been here nine months though...so it is pretty understandable. I am gonna miss him again. He is my friend. This week has been pretty good as far as teaching goes though. The lady we met tracting, Nancy, now has a baptismal date set. October 5th. We think she will be ready. We are gonna keep working with her and pulling her weeds. The next step is to get her comfortable with coming to church. It should be fun :) Then Sarah is now off to New York. Her little daughter, Kimi was very sad to leave me. I did get pictures with her though. So...they should be good. I am gonna stay in contact with them and hopefully get a referral sent off to the missionaries up there. It will only be a matter of time with her :) And then we are continuing to work with Brenda and her two kids. This past week they were able to go and witness a baptismal service. I believe they are meeting with us on Wednesday. So we shall see what comes of that. :) In other news...I have planted a garden. Indoors in a tin foil cake pan. I am growing cantaloupe and corn. Sister Hermansen told us to start looking for little miracles...so I threw some miracle grow in there. Hopefully my little miracles start popping up within the next couple days ;) And...I now can solve a Rubix cube. I am pretty proud of myself...it only took me about three months to get it down. Elder Stevens started to teach me in Sparks, and now Elder Munns and Anderson finished my teaching out here. Pretty exciting, huh? :) It has been a good week. I am having lots of fun and learning tons.

Dad- Well it is a bummer that all the plans that you kinda had fell through. Oh well though. That is a bummer that you didn't get to weigh in this week. I always look forward to that. It is good that you still got to work out though. Keep it up :) The members do help us a lot out here. Not so much with referrals, but we do have quite a few that join us in lessons, which is always good. So yeah...no complaints :) Thank you for the Roster. I am looking forward to this season no matter what preseason looked like. I would also like to hear how Russel Wilson is doing. I like that guy. Probably my favorite non-charger. Thanks for everything Dad, I hope you have an awesome week :) Love you!

Mom- Hey Momma! Thank you for your message. I really do appreciate it. Tell Papa and Grams Happy Anniversary for me. They have blessed me with an awesome family. That is also pretty cool that you got to work out with Coach Rhode. I love that man. I am jealous that you all get to work with him. I really want to when I get home so I can be nice and healthy and buff :) That is also good to know that you are enjoying work. That is also something I don't think I would be able to do very well. Good thing we have people like you. I love you Mom and Miss ya. Have a good week! :)

Jeri Lin- Well thank you for your short little note. Nothing better than loving sisters :) I am glad things are working out. Just gotta remember to be patient. It is something we are all working on I believe. That is cool that you got called into Primary again. I think that would be tough for me. I definitely want to work with the Youth after my mission. We shall see though. Maybe I will end up like Tony. Who knows. We just gotta make the most of what we are called to do. One thing that I have learned is that if you serve someone, you definitely are able to love that person so much more. It is kinda crazy how it all works out. I love you big Sis. Keep up the good work. Have a good week. :)

Keila- Hey...talk to me. :) I miss ya.

I love you all. Tell everyone. Have an awesome week!

Love your Brother and Son,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

P.S.  Oh! and I didn't go to the Emergency room...well I did...but I was just the Driver for Elder Munns. He had meat stuck in his throat so he had to go into surgery to get it removed. The nurses and I had a pretty good laugh at him. He is alive and well. Remember to chew up your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment