Sunday, September 22, 2013

Going into Week 3 September 22, 2013

September 22, 2013

Dang. So...this will be week three of the transfer coming up. After this, we will be halfway through already. I will have been here for three months now. It hit me last night. I love it here. I really do. After leaving Sparks, I never thought anything would even compare. I have been blessed to serve in the two best wards in Nevada. The Highland Ranch ward and the Spring Creek 5th ward. I have been blessed with awesome companions. My mission has just been absolutely amazing to say the least. This week has been no exception. This week we were able to have a church tour with Nancy. It was awesome to say the least. The spirit was definitely there and I believe it helped her at least feel a little more comfortable with the building and what actually happens there. She said she may be attending this coming Sunday. I will be speaking this Sunday, so hopefully we can use that to our advantage in helping her want to come. We shall see. Then we also were able to meet with Brenda and her kids a couple of times. I think as of right now, we are just trying to work with scheduling for their baptisms. I will be sure to let you know when we get those set up. They all came to church yesterday. Then last night we went over and we played with the kids while Travis and Brenda talked about some things so that they can be ready for baptism. Afterwards though, we gave them all blessings for school. They don't have a dad that can give them, so they asked us. Connor wanted me to give him the blessing, so I did. It was perty awesome. We have had some good lessons and hopefully should have some good ones this week as well. Just doing what missionaries do in the creek. The church is still true.

Dad- Well I heard about that first Chargers game. They better figure out how to play all four quarters. I was glad to hear that they did come away with the win. I also am happy to hear that the Seahawks did work on the 49ers yesterday. I actually saw The BEAST score a touchdown. I also saw Sherman get run over at one point as well. He is supposed to keep his head up when tackling. Haha. And that is awesome that ASU won. I hope they continue to kick some butt.Anyways, I am glad you are continuing to work out even when it gets tough. Keep your eyes focused on the goal. I love and miss ya Dad. Have a good week!

Mom- Well, first of all, thank you for your note and all the pictures. I really appreciate it. That is good that you are doing pushups. You are gonna be tougher than me. :) Thank you for the scriptures you shared and that analogy about the police and their ways to communicate. Prayer is so very important. I have definitely come to know it more so out on my mission than ever. I love you and miss you. Have an awesome week!

Jeri Lin- You have to speak in church this week and I have to speak in church this week. That is perty crazy. I have gone 9 months without having to speak. I get to speak about my favorite missionary. So I am looking forward to it. I am always interested in your busy weeks. I am glad that you guys are still alive and well and it sounds like Lindi is doing very well. I love and miss you guys. Have another good week!

Get those applications out ;) and I didn't write it. It was from the Las Vegas West mission. Pretty funny though. I have sent one to Lisa and Heartlee. We shall see what the results will be. :)

Love
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment