Monday, September 9, 2013

Picture Update and My Week - Sept. 9, 2013

September 9, 2013

This week hasn't been too bad. It was transfers week...so I had to say goodbye to Elder Fajardo again. He is headed to...or actually he is in Fallon now. It was good to be able to spend some time with him for 6 weeks though. What else has happened....RAIN! Rain has happened. It made getting out a few of the days a little tough, but we did get some work done. We were able to meet with Nancy and do some more weeding for her. Yes Mom, It is good that you taught me how to pull weeds ;) We had a lesson with her and it went well. She told us that she has been reading and praying. She also said that she hasn't received her answer yet...but she said she would still continue to try. This week we are planning on taking her on a church tour. It is just to help her maybe get rid of a little anxiety and get more comfortable with what actually happens there. I will be reporting on how that all goes next week. I want to say that I had an awesome day yesterday. So...we had church. Normal. Nothing too fancy. On Saturday night, while planning, Elder Anderson and I were trying to figure out what we should do after church and dinner. Anyways...before sacrament started we sent a text to Brenda asking her if they were gonna be at church. She then told us that her kids were at their Dads house and that she had to work. Then she said basically that there isn't much rest for a single mom. I then asked her if there was anything we could do. She said sure. So...last night we went over and helped plant some trees. Then the kids got home and I threw the football around with them and then we played some Ghost in the Graveyard. Conner told me that I am like the older brother he never had. That made my day. Also...I had a good conversation with Brenda while planting trees. She has had some concerns about a couple of things, so I just asked her if she believes the church is true. She responded by saying that she has received nothing but positive answers. She has also said that the things that she thought would be hard, have gone over very smooth. Telling her mom, etc. That is an answer to prayers. They also told us that they would like to be baptized within the next 6 weeks. Hopefully all works out. Life is good here in the creek though. I have some corn growing in my garden. Always trying to get better of course.

Dad- I have just been thinking about that experience this past week. I had some members asking me about it last Monday. Good Times. I am wearing my Chargers tie today. I am sad that I will be missing out on the game tonight. I would love to watch it whether they win or lose, oh well though. I heard about the BYU game...that is crazy that the coach got fired for that. Dang. I also saw that ASU won 55-0 against Sacramento State. I expected them to win..but that was good. I am so glad to hear that the weight is coming off. Keep up the good work. I have been working out alot as well this past week. Lifting weights. Trying to stay in at least some shape other than round. I got some protein as well, So hopefully it helps me bulk up a little bit. I love and Miss ya Dad!

Mom-Thank you for the good news! It is good to hear that Vince and Amanda are doing well. That is also good to hear that you will be signing Hayden up for football. Are you thinking just flag football or tackle. I hope he can do well with whatever he does and is able to get over his anxiety. I wish I could be able to be there and help him and coach him. As for the Rubix cube...my fastest time so far has been about 3 min 10 sec. I am trying to break that three minute barrier. One of these days I will get it. I love you Mom!

Jeri Lin- You know what just came to my mind when I read your email? That song by Hillary Weeks...To Do list I believe it is called. That is good that you guys are staying busy...it definitely does make the time fly by faster.I am glad all in all that life is going well though. I love and miss you Sister!

Your Son and Brother,

Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle



 Elder Fajardo

 Elder Munns ER escapades

 The Haglers





Kimmi - she has a crush on me

No comments:

Post a Comment