Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dear Dad June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013
Dear Dad,

Thank you for those words of encouragement. I honestly wasn't terribly discouraged...it was just kind of frustrating to have lots of cancellations. I am not a numbers guy. At all. I am here to help people...so it was just frustrating to be wanting to help those people, and then have them cancel. However, I did feel that we could do some things better. So, this past week, we regained our desire to get up, work out, etc. We also set a goal to tract for at least 1 hour a day. We did a pretty good job with that, and saw improvement. We put in at least 20 hours or service and met some potential investigators tracting and leaving blessings upon their home. So, we just keep that smile on our face and like you said, put one foot in front of the other. I know it could always be worse.

Let me know what happens with the biggest loser deal. I hope it all goes well. That is awesome that you have gotten into the finalists :) I will be in my area for another 6 weeks at least. I am happy to say the least. I love this place so much. My companion is still Elder Stevens. Elder Torrescano is currently on shipment to Brazil. President picked him up last night and took him to the airport early this morning. I honestly was really happy for him, and still am, but it was harder than I thought to tell him goodbye. Transfers kind of stink.

I am moving back into the apartment I started my mission in. They are putting sisters into our apartment and moving us in with the zone leaders. I am losing my favorite zone leader though. Elder Shamanis is headed to Carson City tomorrow and he will probably end his mission there. Kinda crazy.

Oh! Some other news...I now weigh 180 pounds....I don't look any different though. I am still skinny. At least I think I am. I found that out yesterday and it has been kinda driving me crazy...at least I know I am being fed well I guess.

That is cool to hear about all the aspects of our stake and all the missionaries that are going out and are currently serving. Kinda crazy. Thank you for the letter Dad. I really appreciate it. I am trying to be better every day and not get into bad habits. I want to be the best I can be. I am learning new things every day. I love and miss you. I hope you have a good week.

Love your Son,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

 Brayan's Baptism

 Elder Torrescano before he left


 Sparks North Zone

Tie Trades

No comments:

Post a Comment