Monday, November 3, 2014

Reflection November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014

I am really just trying to reflect on what all happened this week.

I have been doing quite a bit of reflection on my mission as a whole this week as a matter of fact. On Tuesday, I was able to see one of my very good missionary friends before he departed for home. I reflected about the times we had in Spring Creek. They were some good times for sure. Always fun to do that. :)

Amongst all of this reflection that I have been doing. Both on the good and the bad. I did begin to feel a real sense of urgency to continue sprinting, but I also began to have some feelings of doubt of whether or not I have been as successful as I should have or could have been. It was kinda getting me down to be honest. However, I actually ended up coming across an old journal entry that I just skimmed through. And at that moment, I couldn't help but feeling like I have been a successful missionary because right in that entry, I expressed feelings of being successful. Everything happens for a reason. There is no doubt in my mind :)

So what else has happened this week. Oh! Halloween. That wasn't anything exciting though. It was cold and rainy here and we were supposed to be in by 6. No trick or treaters at our house, but it wasn't like we had anything to give them anyways. haha. OH! I just remembered on bummer deal we did have this week, my companions bike was stolen. Someone got an early Christmas present. He handled it a lot better than I would have, that is for sure. And we were able to get him a replacement quickly, so it didn't hinder the work too much.

As for the work here, it continues to go well. We are presented with new teaching opportunities pretty often and it is just a matter of making the most of them. In fact, there is a lady that lives here in our area, and I have run into her and talked with her a few times. Whenever we seem to run into her, she seems to be having a rough time, like she is hitting rock bottom. The first time I ran into her was shortly after she had gotten out of the hospital after being jumped and beat up. This time, she had just suffered a stroke a few days before. There is just so much negativity that is beating down on her and she wants to come to church, but her husband is not supportive. So, as we talked with her this week, I just was listening as she was crying and I just wasn't sure what I was gonna say to this lady except that I was sorry. Then, a scripture that I had seen in my personal study that morning popped into my head it was a scripture that at one point I had previously marked who knows when, but it was perfect and I asked if I could share it with her.

1 Peter 5: 6-7

6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you

I have no doubt that the spirit put that into my mind and that moment in time and this scripture has been my scripture of the week. And that is what I share with you all this week. God loves us and cares for us. Cast on him your every care. He will be there to help you. No matter what :)

Dad- Thank you for your email Mr. Clean. That is a way good costume and I am proud of you for getting out of your comfort level and doing that. Was there any kind of prize for second place? :) I am also proud of you for completing Hell week. Keep up the good work :) And just keep doing your best to take everything in stride. It will all work out when the time is right, I have no doubt. Just remember the scripture I shared this week. Thank you as always for the updates. They are very appreciated :) And the prayers. Just know that you are in mine as well :) I love and miss you Dad. have a good week!

Mom- Thank you for your email. Mom, just know that I love and support you and your decisions no matter what. You have always done so for me. Just know that I am doing my very best out here in the field. I have been so very blessed thus far and I expect nothing less as it draws nearer and nearer to a close. Just remember that I sure do love and miss you and that I am always praying for you. Have a good week!

Jeri Lin- No Browns this week, but I love and miss you all the same :) Hope all is well :)

Keila- Hey. I love you and miss you. True story.

Sydney- Thank you for your email. That is no fun that your back has started hurting you! I hope you can get that all fixed up back to normal. And that is cool that you are getting your braces off soon! That will be a happy day for sure. I hope you have a good time on your date and have a good week! I love and miss you :)

Leslie- Letter is coming! Love and miss you :)

Brooke- Hey. what are you up to these days?? Love and miss you :)

Hayden- Good job on scoring a touchdown this week! Keep it up. You are awesome :) I love and miss you!

Well that is all I have for this week! Have an awesome week! :)

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment