Monday, November 10, 2014

I Need Thee Every Hour November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014

This Hymn has been stuck in my head all week. Probably because my trusty companion and I were volunteered to sing a special musical number yesterday during Sacrament meeting. It actually went very well. It is nice when you sing with someone who actually knows how to sing. I just love to sing and that is about all I have going for me. Time does go faster while you are having fun and singing. :)

What else do I have to report on this week? Well last Monday was my companions Birthday.I may have mentioned that last week. I don't believe that I mentioned that I had a surprise for him that morning though. I woke up about 11:30 the night before and got up and drew on his whiteboard above his desk. Then I wrapped up some presents for him using old printed off conference talks, napkins,mormon.org card box, and band-aids. #missionarylife haha. While doing this, I planned on making it look like I was in the bathroom just in case he woke up. I turned on the light and shut the door. I forgot that the lock on the bathroom door is messed up though and that you are not able to open the door from the outside even if it is unlocked. So thinking I had gotten the surprise off cleanly. My heart sank when I realized I would now have to break into our bathroom without waking him up in order to turn off the light. "I Need Thee Every Hour" could not be more appropriate as it was about midnight at this point. I said a prayer and I was eventually able to open the door using two butter knives. I have to tell you that is was well worth it to see his surprise the next morning :)

I also had an experience on Tuesday night that I would like to share. There is a less active family we are working with,and that night while we were there, there was a bit of an argument and fight that broke out amongst them. I tried talking with them, and so did my companion. I was talking to the Mom while my companion was talking with the daughter. I was thinking about just giving them their space and giving them time to cool down. My companion on the other hand was thinking the exact opposite. Which ended up working out for the better. That night we were able to bring them closer as a family and also closer to us. I credit a lot of that to my companion. We worked together, but it was his desire and stubbornness that I lacked that allowed for us to have the experience that we did. Not only that, but it was also because the love of our Heavenly Father and the Spirit that was felt in that room that night. We needed him in that hour. No doubt about it. :)

Things continue to move forward. Like I said, Time goes quickly when you are having fun and listening to music. Even if you are just listening to your own voice while biking down the street. We were able to set our investigator, G. with a baptismal date of November 29th. She is the one that we were reading the Book of Mormon to because she is legally blind. We also have few more people we are beginning to teach and a few more potentials that we hope to begin working with soon.Which is just about the news for every week. Things are going well and I am happy to be a missionary. I am going to need Heavenly Father every hour as my hours are drawing to a close. I have no doubt that he will be here though. :)

Dad- It is looking like you are gonna need Heavenly Father every hour of the day today as well. Just do your best. That is all it takes. Thank you for updates on the football world. I am very happy to hear about ASU winning that is awesome! Do you think that they could make it to the playoff this year?? To answer your question, No. I hate shaving everyday and yes I am looking forward to not having to do it every day. My beard is getting a lot thicker too. Might be pretty nice when I am home haha. We will see. Thank you for all you love and encouragement. I love and support you Dad. Have a good week! I miss ya.

Mom- #NikeSwag You probably don't know what that means. Just know that it is a good thing :) The someone who sends you pictures and videos is Isaac. He is my very good friend and I am gonna miss him lots. He has been a huge help and support to me on my mission. As for a job. I have thought about it a little bit. Some thoughts that I have had have been possibly working for Nike actually. I would have to look more into that. Home Depot wouldn't be bad except for the whole Sunday thing. They make that very difficult. I also have thought that on the side I would like to maybe be a coach? I dunno. Not super stressed about it, but just some thoughts. Thank you for all your help. I sure do love you Mom and miss ya. I hope you have a great week!

Jeri Lin- Thank you for your emails :) I am glad you are doing well and that you were able to have an enjoyable Halloween :) That is crazy that Hyrum has to have glasses. I guess not too crazy as a majority of our family has them, but he is in the minority with me of being farsighted. haha. I do have to agree with you with the Day light savings time. I hate it. haha. It also makes missionary work a lot harder, because people automatically think you should not be outside when it is dark. Oh well. We just do our best. I hope that all continues to go well. I sure do love and miss you :) Have a good week!

Keila- Thank you for the update on your "boring" life haha. :) I am glad you are doing well! And also thank you for letting me know about Jordan. He is a good guy, and I am happy to hear that he is having success. I also will continue to keep up the "god" work. I think you meant to say good work. But hey. It works. I am doing both. Haha I love you and miss you :) See you soon! Have a good week!

Sydney- I Love and miss you! :) Have a good week!

Leslie- Thank you for a letter this week! You should get one from me very soon! :) And just know that you have no need to worry. Everything is gonna be alright :) I love and miss you! Have a good week!

Brooke- Hey kiddo! I love and miss you! Have a good week :)

Hayden- I hope you enjoy your videos and have a very Happy Birthday :) I love and miss you dude. Have a good week!

I love and miss you all!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment