Monday, August 11, 2014

Transfer Blues August 11, 2014

August 11, 2014

It seems to come every time I am put into a new area and companionship. Yup. The Transfer Blues. This week has kind of been a tough one for me. I have come into the area as a senior companion and I know nothing about this place. Other than that it is in Sparks. My companion has been here for 7 months. So this past week, I have just been sort of tagging along. There is nothing really wrong with that, except I get bored at times when he is on the phone, etc, and then my mind will start to wander a little bit and it is hard to stay focused. It happens every time I have come into a new area, so I know as I continue to get to know more people and everything that I will be ok, and that time will begin to move quickly again.

You all seem to want to know more about my companion. He is a good kid. He is older, upper 20's and he is from Missouri. He was trained by one of my previous companions. Elder Young, but he has a lot of similarities with my good old trusty companion Elder Anderson. Our personalities are much on the opposite sides of the spectrum, however, I have come to find past experience that we can have that work to our advantage. We are looking forward to a good transfer. There has bee some pretty good success here in the past, so we are looking to keep that going. Just trying to get a little bit more unity so that our teaching appointments are more effective.

As for the ward, it isn't too bad at all. There are just no youth, which was a bummer to me. We have a lot of older people in the ward. A majority of the ward lives in neighborhoods that overlook one of the golf courses here in Sparks. They are all very nice though, and I am happy to be here in Sparks again.

I had a neat, and pleasant surprise here at church yesterday. We were walking down the hall, looking for a lady that had come to church so that we could show here where Sunday school was, as I walked around the corner. I see, Juan! It was awesome. Not only did I see Juan, but I also saw some of the other members of the Highland Ranch ward that had taken care of me pretty good while I was there. It was a nice little reunion :) Now back to the lady we were trying to find to take to class. I had actually talked to her downtown once and we had sent her off as a referral. She is less active, but it was still really cool just to be able to see things kind of go full circle.

Other than that, I am just trying to get all reacquainted with the first stomping grounds of my mission. I am more on the South West end of Sparks now, but not much has really changed.

Dad- To answer your question, Maverick and Crissy live up in the Pyramid Lake ward, which was right next door to my first area of Sparks. So...unfortunately, I probably would not have the opportunity to teach them, but I am definitely keeping an eye out for them :) However, if they were to be taught by the other missionaries in their ward, I would have the opportunity to at least go to the baptism. Anyways, I am happy to hear that you got some things at work figured out as far as employees goes. I hope it just continues to get better as well. I am glad also to hear that the Chargers are looking good. It is only Pre-Season, but still :)I will be sure to keep up the hard work. I hope you do as well and have a good week! I love and miss ya Dad :)

Mom- Well thank you for the pictures like always. I really do appreciate them. I really do appreciate you as well. I know you are staying plenty busy with work and with the kiddos and all. Just remember to stay healthy and know that you are in my prayers. I love you and miss you Mom. Have an awesome week :)

Jeri Lin- School. Ok, so I qualify for ASU, but do I have to have taken the ACT or SAT to apply? I would like to go there for sure. That is my first choice without a doubt. I want to stay close to home. So just let me know.

Ok, well I am glad you had a good fun week and that you are staying busy. I am glad also that you and Tony were able to come to a decision on what to do for your kids. :) I personally don't think that is what I will do, but I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.

I am looking forward to seeing you when that time comes as well. Until then. Stay happy. Have a good week. And just know that I love ya and miss ya :)

Keila- Night Splash, huh? Lucky :) Haha I love and miss ya!

Sydney- I didn't get an email from you today. I am guessing that is probably to blame on school. I hope it is going well! You will have to let me know. Love and miss ya Syd! :)

Leslie- How is school going for you?? Big ol' High Schooler now. That is crazy! Haha I love and miss you Sles :)

Brooke- I hope school is going good. I love ya and miss ya!

Hayden- Nice bow and arrow dude :) I miss ya man. Hope you are liking school :) Love ya! Have a good week!

Well I believe that is all I have for this week. I should hopefully have some more good news next week. :) Oh, by the way, my new address is:

4255 Wedekind Rd.
Apt# 1615
Sparks, NV 89431

I sure do love and miss you all!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment