Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Opposition May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

Week 6 of transfer number 12 is here. I seriously cannot believe it. Sunday I will have the chance to be able to talk with you all and then we will be getting transfer calls that night. Chances are there won`t be any significant changes, but I do have a slight feeling that I could be moved. If I do end up being moved, I hope it is close by, because Juan should be getting his mission call in the very near future, which also means he will be going through the temple. We will just have to wait see!

As far as this past week goes, it hasn't been too bad. It was another week full of both ups and downs. One fun story happened with a crazy lady yesterday. She was just outside, sitting on her porch, and she started talking to us. Of course we stopped and started talking to her. As we started talking though, I could tell something was different, so I just asked her if we could say a prayer with her. She agrees and lets us in her front gate, but puts a chain and pad lock on the gate behind us. Weird. Then she tried to invite us inside. No, sorry, can`t do that. We just want to say a prayer with you. As I am saying the prayer, she keeps interrupting. At this point, we are just trying to get out of there. She asks me for a kiss. Not a chance. Then she won`t come unlock the gate and we had to hop the fence to get out. After that experience, I was honestly really irritated. I felt like I had just wasted a ton of time. As we went throughout the rest of the day though, we were able to find a potential family of 3 to begin teaching and another lady that would like us to come back this week. I started to wonder why Heavenly Father would have put that one lady in our path for that crazy experience. There must be opposition in all things. We can`t know the good things if we don`t go through the bad. It allowed for me to recognize that Heavenly Father is aware of what we are thinking and feeling. I was so much more happy when we were able to find those people after that experience. And like I have said before, if we continue to be diligent everything seems to eventually work itself out. If I just decided to go to the apartment and just take a nap after an appointment cancelled and my motivation was in the dumps, I would just continue to feel like garbage. One thing that I have also learned for sure in this area is that motivation follows action. If we just do it (Nike) then it becomes a whole lot easier and there will come a point where we may actually enjoy it. I am enjoying my mission. As tough as it is to get people to come to church, to help them change their lives for the better, and to follow the example of Jesus Christ. I love it.

Kimberly is probably gonna have to have her baptismal date changed once again, but that is alright. One of the hardest things is trying to not rush people, but also being able to set it close enough so that they don't get discouraged. It is a good thing that the dates are not do or die. We have a couple people that we still need to meet with a lot more often if they are gonna want to reach their goals.Things are still moving forward. Just trying to keep it that way. Gotta leave the area better than I found it. Which is tough, but also possible :)

Dad- Well I am glad you did all good in your run. I was praying that you would be able to do well and that you wouldn't be too sore afterwards. Thank you for the pictures :) I am glad you were also able to spend that time with Jeri Lin and her kiddos just before they had to head out. It sounds to me like everyone is doing pretty well. Lots of crazy things going on. I am looking forward to closing off a good week this week and transfer with talking to you all this weekend. Time is a cruisin for sure. I love and miss you Dad. I am praying that you have an awesome week! :)

Mom- It looks like I have missed you this week, but I want you to know that I have been thinking of you and that I am looking forward to talking to you on your day this Sunday. I hope you have a good week! I love and miss ya :)

Jeri Lin- Well I hope your flying all works out. I don't blame Hyrum for getting nervous...haha. Flying is definitely something to get used to. I personally like driving, but maybe because it is something I don't get to do all that often. I feel like I am just gonna want to drive around for days after I am finished here on my mission. Thank you for the pictures you sent me. I am glad you like the pictures that people send all of you and tag me on Instagram. I love and miss you Sis. Are we gonna be talking at all on Sunday? I guess I will see what I can do. I hope you have a good week! I love and miss ya!

Keila- Don't you miss it when it was actually fun to miss school? High School was such a pain, but it is definitely worth it. Just finish strong. You can do it :) I also need to wish you good luck on your competition and on your finals. Just keep saying your prayers. It will help. Tons. Then when you get through it all, you will be so much happier :) Just continue to try and stay happy. That is all we can do. I love and miss ya! Have a good week!

Sydney- I love ya! Have a good week!

Leslie- I love ya! Have a good week :)

I think that is all I have for today. I love and miss all of you! We will see each others faces soon enough :)

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment